[[folder: Series-wide ]]
* Any time Tayledras mating circles are mentioned.
** "How many Hawkbrothers does it take for a mating circle?"
*** "Only one, but he has to be flexible!"
* Companions insisting they're not horses.
[[folder: Exiles ]]
* How Herald Alberich (with some help from Kantor) deters a pursuer (who happens to be a popular stage actor). He ducks into an inn, finds out there is a group of young women and chaperones who are major fans, and innocently directs them to outside, where the actor is lurking about. Then he nearly flattens himself against the nearby wall before he gets stampeded by fangirls who practically chase the actor down the street.
* Also, Alberich's first scenes with Herald-Chronicler Myste, where it talks about just how ''unsuited'' to combat she is, being clusmy with coke bottle glasses. Being [[SupremeBadass Alberich]], he immediately comes up with alternative training designed to all but weaponize ScrewThisImOuttaHere.
[[folder: Arrows Trilogy ]]
* The minor sub-plot/ RunningGag in the first book about Talia and Skif repeatedly trying to have sex and failing because one of them keeps ''falling asleep'' due to their crazy schedules.
[[folder: Last Herald-Mage ]]
* More darkly humorous than anything else... Bard Stefan complains to Vanyel's nephew Medren that he's done nearly everything to try to seduce Vanyel and is seriously considering just ambushing the man. Medren quickly advises him not to take that approach, given Vanyel does not react to... surprises well, and mulls to himself about a time when some poor idiot barged in on Vanyel taking a bath. Said thoughts go along the lines of "Grandfather did say he wanted to rebuild the bathhouse. I don't think he meant for it to happen ''that'' way."
* Starwind and Moondance become the first Tayledras to make their presence known to multiple Valdemarans with they visit Forst Reach. Savil warns them about the particularities of the Ashkevrons and Starwind airily waves off her concern. The next chapter, the two of them are desperately trying to maintain polite calm when chattered at by one of the many teenage girls of the main family. Once they are able to elude her, a bewildered Starwind says that the Ashkevrons aren't a family but an army, noting that k'Vala is bigger but that's an entire Clan, not the descent of a single set of parents (Three generations, with the oldest members of the third getting ready to be married themselves, all in ''one'' household)!
[[folder: Mage Winds ]]
* After finding and rescuing Hyllarr, an injured hawkeagle bondbird, Darkwind hits on the idea of having his father Starblade care for him, as Starblade is himself slowly recovering after being freed from the villain's control and having someone to take care of might help both of them heal. Since most bondbirds have very limited ability to grasp complex ideas or abstract concepts, Darkwind is prepared to face some difficulty in explaining his plan to Hyllarr - and is completely floored to discover that Hyllarr not only gets it immediately, but is fully capable of shamelessly hamming up the pain of his hurt wing to play to Starblade's sympathy, complete with little chirps of distress.
-->The bird roused again with satisfaction. '':Hyllarr plays hurt-wing-eyas, Starblade feels good, Hyllarr gets many good eatings, tender eatings, tasty prey, make Hyllarr better. All good.:''\\
"You," [Darkwind] said, shaking an admonitory finger at the bird, "are going to wind up too fat to fly."