* In one episode a series of unfortunate events turns Gomer's simple errand into an impromptu world-tour. He calls Sgt. Carter from the airport in Paris:
--> '''Gomer:''' (on the phone) "But, Sergeant Carter, I don't see how I could get you arrested for murder." (beat) "Oh."
* Sgt. Carter's nightmare in the episode where he sends Pyle to paratrooper school, only to learn that Gomer named him beneficiary for his life-insurance policy; "Ten ''thousand'' dollars!"
** In the same episode, watching Pyle's first jump:
-->'''Carter:''' "That's Pyle alright; he's trying to fly."
* In one episode, Sgt. Carter tried to get Gomer out of the military when it looks like his hitch is about up. So he helps him out - he finds him a good job, sets him up with a nice lady, and generally does everything possible to ensure him a comfortable post-military life. But Gomer re-enlists. His reasoning? Sgt. Carter was being so nice, he had to repay the favor and help him some more.
* In the very first episode, ''Gomer Overcomes the Obstacle Course,'' Gomer enters a tiny culvert headfirst and, somehow, emerges feet-first. Sgt. Carter's [[DoubleTake reaction]] sells it.
* Sgt. Carter's [[TranquilFury reaction]] to finding that Gomer has stashed a girl in his (Carter's) locker (long story). It begins with one of the most incredible [[DoubleTake double takes]] you'll ever see and builds from there.
-->'''Carter:''' "Why? Just one thing: why?"
* This exchange:
-->'''Gomer:''' "I guess you made me everything I am!"
-->'''Carter:''' [[ComplimentBackfire "Yeah..."]]
* One episode has Sgt. Carter's Marines participating in amphibious war games with the Navy. [[EpicFail Gomer manages to sink three rafts before they even leave the ship.]]