* [[https://garfield.com/comic/1994/07/10 One comic]] has the refrigerator light burn out, and Garfield, thinking it was never bright enough anyway, replaces it with a HUGE Bulb. Soon, Jon is headed for the fridge looking for a midnight snack. The final panel has light shooting out of every window and the chimney and Jon [[FirstNameUltimatum yelling for Garfield.]]
* [[https://garfield.com/comic/1993/12/04 All right! "Jaw-dropping!"]]
* [[https://garfield.com/comic/1994/02/04 Garfield apparently robbed a bank thinking it was a bakery.]]
* Jon [[http://images.ucomics.com/comics/ga/2002/ga020427.gif asks Garfield if he's ready to eat,]] which for some reason causes Garfield to [[BerserkButton get really upset at Jon.]] The [[ChewingTheScenery over-the-top delivery]] of the last line is what makes the strip.
* Garfield watching a cheesy romantic movie that consists entirely of "[[SayMyName John! Marsha!]]" for 4 panels streight. he changes the channel and [[FacePalm Face Palms]] when he gets "George! Shirley!"
* Two different successful attempts at randomness, both involving vines: one coming out of nowhere ''inside the house'', and another being used to rescue Garfield from a ginormous bowl of oatmeal.
* Almost any gag involving the [[PieInTheFace Spluts]]. One particularly impressive one is coupled with MediumAwareness.
* Garfield trying out a whole bunch of exotic bird calls. While it initially appears nothing happened, which gives Garfield the line "Maybe I 'nicked' when I should have 'greeeebeled,'" there's a whole bunch of exotic birds standing right behind him.
* A scene with Garfield watching TV: "The court calls Gouda May [[OverlyLongName Freegenweegenswallodribbenfraxenlaxenismabittle]] to the stand. Be seated, Mrs. [[OverlyLongName Freegenweegenswallodribbenfraxenlaxenismabittle]]. Please state your name." Cue FacePalm in the third panel.
* When Garfield's [[FriendVersusLover jealousy of Liz reaches new heights...]]
-->'''Jon''': ''[on the phone]'' Liz, I think Garfield's jealous of you.
--> ''[Garfield enters wearing a bathrobe, house slippers, and hair curlers]''
-->'''Garfield''': You're talking to that '''''woman''''' again, aren't you?!
-->'''Jon''': ''[deadpan]'' Liz, I ''know'' Garfield's jealous of you.
* Jon explaining a double date to his brother:
-->'''Doc Boy''': What's a double date?
-->'''Jon''': That's when you and I go on a date together.
-->'''Doc Boy''': Gee, it seems like it would be more fun if some girls came along.
* That time when Garfield deals with his [[GoodAngelBadAngel Shoulder Donuts]].
* "What a beautiful day. I think I'll stay in bed all day."
* "When I'm off this diet, I'm going to eat lasagna, cake, ice cream, mashed potatoes.. [[FacePalm I just gained two pounds!]]"
* "[[ItMakesSenseInContext BEAN ME!]]" said Garfield on a massive caffeine bender.
* [[https://garfield.com/comic/1998/01/04 Jon eats the pets food in fear of being smacked into.]]
* [[http://garfield.com/comic/1998/02/11 Jon here REALLY WANTS TO DATE!]]
* Jon running out of coffee.
* Any strip involving "The Sludge Monster", plus the episode of ''WesternAnimation/GarfieldAndFriends'' it was adapted into.
* [[http://garfield.com/comic/1979/02/28 "Never be condescending to a cat."]] Definitely one of Garfield's crabbier moments.
* "[[http://garfield.com/comic/1982-05-01 We'll be right back]] after this word from our sponsor!" [[spoiler:[[BigfootSasquatchAndYeti "Sasquatch"]].]] [[FacePalm "Welcome back!"]]
* It's incredible that that week of strips with the dog falling on Garfield never reached MemeticMutation status.
--> "[[NoIndoorVoice AAATTIC DOOOGGG!]]"
* '''''[[http://garfield.com/comic/2003/08/17 I SAT ON A MOUSETRAP!]]'''''
* [[http://garfield.com/comic/1984/01/25 "What more could a man want?" "How about a woman?"]]
* [[http://garfield.com/comic/1993/01/03 Jon scaring off his date by talking about stamp collecting.]]
-->'''Waiter:''' I collect bottle caps.
-->'''Jon:''' '''OH SHUT UP!'''
* Jon and Garfield have gotten so used to Jon's mum's annual HomemadeSweaterFromHell, that when [[http://garfield.com/comic/2012/12/27 she makes Garfield a good sweater]], Jon and Garfield become worried.
* [[https://garfield.com/comic/2012/12/09 It's not Christmas without the Inflatable Santa.]]
* The [[http://garfield.com/comic/1998/07/01 "Piece Of Dangling String"]] show!
* Anything involving the [[YouAreFat talking scale]].
* In one Sunday strip, Garfield gets a phone call telling him he can get a grand prize if he answers two questions: what is the sound a cat makes, and what is the sound a dog makes? Garfield answers the first one correctly, but the second one...he messes that one up deliberately.
** An earlier comic has Garfield winning a new house by correctly answering "What sound does a Felis domesticus (house cat) make?" He does this by meowing into the phone, but then the announcer [[DidntThinkThisThrough asks for his name and address]]. In the next panel, Garfield has fainted, and the announcer is asking, "And how do you spell your name, Mr. Aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaarrrrrggghhh?"
* When Garfield wakes up one morning and Jon decides to go jogging...Garfield falls right back to sleep.
** A later strip has Jon waking Garfield up at five in the morning to go jogging... then promptly yawns and falls asleep next to him in his jogging clothes. "I knew that nonsense wouldn't last long."
** Another strip has Jon [[WhatAnIdiot waking Garfield at 5 AM to watch the sunset]]. Garfield's response: "Alright. You can do it from the ambulance".
* A [[http://garfield.com/comic/2013/08/04 comic]] shows Garfield using the PuppyDogEyes trick on Liz to get some cookies. But just then, Liz did it right back at him...making Garfield give his food to her and head over to Jon. His response to that? "She's good."
* [[http://garfield.com/comic/2013/08/14 "Billy Brick wants a fudge bar."]]
* "[[http://images.ucomics.com/comics/ga/1989/ga890530.gif You fat greedy pig!]] I oughta shave you bald and put you out in the cold!"
* One comic gives us Garfield ''using an ironing board as a surf board in the shower stall'', resulting in a ''very'' startled Jon as his cat shoots out of the stall on a huge wave shouting "COWABUNGA!" when he opens the door.
--> "Why can't you just bat a piece of string like other cats?!"
* Another example of [[http://garfield.com/comic/2000-10-18 TV-viewing]]:
--> '''TV voice''': It's the "Binky the Clown Show"!
--> '''TV voice''': Today is "Health Day," kids! Let's see who's at the door...
--> '''TV voice''': Why, it's "Petey," the bloated tick!
--> '''Garfield''': That is one ugly puppet.
* Garfield is [[http://garfield.com/comic/1984-09-29 served dinner]]:
-->'''Jon''': Oh, come on, Garfield. The cat food isn't that bad.
-->'''Garfield''': Then let's see how YOU like it! ''[Shoves some of the food into Jon's mouth]''
-->'''Jon''': mmm good.
-->'''Garfield''': [[LargeHam YOU LIE]]!
* [[http://garfield.com/comic/2014-04-27 Jon refusing to understand love stories don't have car chases]].
--> '''Liz''': This is a great love story.
--> '''Jon''': Are there car chases?
--> '''Liz''': It's a love story.
--> '''Jon''': Do they go over cliffs?
--> '''Liz''': It's a '''love''' story.
--> '''Jon''': Do the cars explode?
--> '''Liz''': (angry) Yes! The whole world explodes!
--> '''Jon''': Cool!
--> '''Garfield''': Turn it up!
* "[[http://garfield.com/uploads/strips/2014-02-23.jpg Coming up next, a local man is gored by his own lawn gnome.]]"
* Let's just say anything involving the TV.
* Garfield attempts to prank a sleeping Odie with sneezing powder. [[http://www.gocomics.com/garfield/2014/05/04#.U4oA_XYXKrk It backfires.]]
* [[http://garfield.com/uploads/strips/2014-05-18.jpg Jon wants to put aside doing chores and just rest without guilt.]]
* [[http://garfield.com/comic/2014-06-22 "I'm still asleep, aren't I?"]]
* In [[http://www.gocomics.com/garfield/1989/11/12#.U5YzBHYXKrk this]] strip, Garfield's attempt to kill a housefly might remind some readers of [[ComicStrip/CalvinAndHobbes a certain six-year-old boy.]]
* [[http://garfield.com/comic/2014-06-19 Garfield tries turning younger by changing the date on the calendar.]]
* [[http://garfield.com/comic/2014-07-27 Jon can be such a jinx sometimes.]]
* [[http://garfield.com/comic/1998-09-11 "Garfield, why don't you get up and do something?"]]
* [[http://garfield.com/comic/2000-07-26 "I need a 5/16 drill bit."]]
* [[https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OGbhJjXl9Rk This fanmade video.]] It's intentionally SoBadItsGood.
* [[http://garfield.com/comic/2014-11-23 Garfield makes a wish.]]
* [[http://garfield.com/comic/2012-10-20 "There is a wise man on top of this mountain."]]
* [[http://garfield.com/comic/2002-11-05 Garfield tries his hand at making lemonade.]]
* [[http://garfield.com/comic/1993-09-10 The traditional "Family Around the Hearth."]]
* [[http://garfield.com/comic/1979-10-31 Jon has something for]] [[BigEater Garfield's apetite]].
* [[http://garfield.com/comic/2015-08-03 At least Garfield's being honest.]]
* [[http://www.gocomics.com/garfield/1982/09/09 What happens when Garfield uses willpower]].
* Garfield [[http://garfield.com/comic/1989-12-01 replacing the last of the ice cream with lard.]]
* This exchange with Irma:
-->'''Irma:''' Hon, you didn't eat your vegetables.
-->'''Jon:''' What are you going to do, call my mother?
-->'''Irma:''' I believe I will!
-->'''Jon:''' [Stuffing the veggies into his mouth] Look, I'm eating 'em! I'm eating 'em!
-->'''Garfield:''' Tell her he ate his dessert first!
* Many of Jon's pick-up lines, with the crowner being, "Excuse me, I have healthy gums."
* Jon becomes a mime, and flirts with a lady mime, whose jealous boyfriend beats him up. In the last panel, Jon emits a tiny, "Ow..." and Garfield scolds him with, "Ah ah ah! You're not supposed to talk!"
* The strip involing Garfield finding a giant hamburger, only for the hamburger to tell him that Garfield is dreaming. Cue Garfield bearing claws and fangs yelling (mentally): "NEVER ASSUME!"
* Garfield flushes the alarm clock down the toilet before Jon walks into the bathroom. "The toilet is ringing! What should I do?" "Take a message."
* "I couldn't decide what shirt to wear. [[https://garfield.dale.ro/garfield-2002-october-7.html So I put all of them on]]".