* The book lovingly describes the A-6 Intruder's computer suite as being the very cutting edge of 1950's technology. [[DamningWithFaintPraise The book takes place in the early 1970s.]]
** ''The Intruders,'' the sequel which takes place about six months after ''Flight of the Intruder,'' describes the A-6E model as a major step up in technology compared to the A and B models. It's explained that The Pentagon didn't want to use the E model during Vietnam because they didn't want the new tech falling into the hands of the Soviets if they were shot down.
* [[TheSquad The squadron]] is having a discussion about a terrible prank that was pulled on the squadron [[NumberOne XO]]. While he was in the shower, ''somoene'' stole his clothes and towel. [[AndThatsTerrible Which was unacceptable.]] The discussion quickly moves on to the evident fact that the XO's first course of action was to use this as an excuse to [[NakedPeopleAreFunny wander around the ship buck naked]].
* Grafton explaining to the LoveInterest that the only reason he had a shirt form a particular gym in Oakland was because he stole it from someone. Who stole it from someone else. Who stole it from someone else before that. Nobody was actually sure who the shirt originally belonged to.
* ''[[CasualDangerDialogue Burning planes have a way of]] '''[[MadeOfExplodium exploding]]''', you know!''
* During a night bombing raid, their navigational system goes on the fritz. Tiger claims that the manual for the computer instructs that you should [[PercussiveMaintenance kick the thing]] to get it to work again, [[NotHyperbole which he proceeds to do]], very awkwardly, in the cramped confines of a jet cockpit.
* [[EnsignNewbie Razor]] (seen from some distance down the hall) is getting a righteous ass-chewing from Commander Camparelli ([[TheVoice who can't be seen from where the camera and Grafton are]]) for his part in a BarBrawl. Grafton (having actually just about started the brawl) is quietly sneaking past, completely outside of Camparelli's view, when the Commander leans out into the hallway and screams "GRAAAAFTOOOON! Get in here!".
* The men are discussing what movie they will be watching that night. Camparelli summarily cancels it on the ground that ''Film/TheyShootHorsesDontThey'' doesn't show any skin.
* Cool Hand and Tiger have to punch out.
-->'''Grafton''': Looks like this is the end of Devil 505, Say goodbye, [[VitriolicBestBuds asshole!]] ''[[AbandonShip Eject eject eject!]]''
-->'''Cole''': [[ExactWords Goodbye, Asshole!]] ''*[[EjectionSeat punches out]]*''
* After being shot down, Jake reaches the wreckage of Devil 501 and finds CDR Camparelli, who immediately yells at him, "I grounded you!" Jake innocently replies, "Hey, I ''am'' on the ground!"