* There was a cutscene in where the PlayerCharacter is doing a ridiculous dance with Sisipu.
* The opening wagon-ride into Gridania in ''A Realm Reborn'' has the player seeing some Moogles (in this universe, they appear only to select people), who greet you with adorable horn-toots that only you can hear, and then while talking, [[HardDrinkingPartyGirl one downs the drink of another passenger on the wagon]].
* [[spoiler:Biggs and Wedge]] make an appearance when you join a Grand Company in ''ARR''. [[spoiler:Their comedy duo nature is enhanced even further by them being a Roegadyn and a Lalafell.]]
** Later in the story: [[spoiler:You hijack a Magitek Armor. In order to pilot it, the Lalafell is picked up by the Roegadyn, flung around 15 feet into the air, does a flip in the air, and lands in the pilot seat]]
* The Scions of the Seventh Dawn (nee the Circle of Knowing) have a sort of clerk/receptionist who watches the front of their pad in Vesper Bay. She's a Lalafell... named [[VideoGame/FinalFantasyXI Tataru]]. And she even does the "taru panic" during one particular cutscene.
* During the weaver quests, the quest to learn to socket [[AppliedPhlebotinum materia]] involves an aristocrat who has decided to take up gladiatorial combat. In order to "release his martial potential", he has you craft a cotton acton. However, it mustn't be any old acton like the peasants wear, it must be materia enhanced. When the guildmaster hears the request, he suggests you put in any old piece of materia, as the client likely won't be able to tell the difference.
** After completing the request, the guildmaster informs you of an important fact about being a weaver: "While we are not required to respect our clients, we must appear to be respecting their wishes." Furthermore, he declares that you did an excellent job, since "as that little turd was sauntering out of here, I almost mistook him for a gladiator".
* After the defeat of Ifrit, emissaries of the Three Grand Companies come to try to court the PlayerCharacter to join them, with Minfilia and Tataru both showing signs of exasperation, and even the PC has an expression at one point that just screams "YouHaveGotToBeKiddingMe."
* Trying to get info on how to fight Titan, you find a man [[MilesGloriosus claiming]] to be a member of a band of mercenaries famous for accomplishing said feat. He turns out to be lying, trying to coast on their reputation, and uses it to get you to do his job. When he's found out, his boss decides to settle the matter by having the two of you compete to see who can destroy a large boulder first. And of course, yours is three times as big as his. And he still cheats. The whole situation is just ridiculous.
** This is, of course, after he tasks you with [[RatStomp killing a handful of rats]]. And can't remember Titan's name.
*** Even better, he thinks it's [[VideoGame/FinalFantasyX Tidus]].
* Later, when you actually find one of the actual ex-members of the Band of Heroes, ''they'' want to [[HiddenPurposeTest test you]], too. They've got a better reason, since challenging Titan just gives the Primal more prayer fuel, but the whole god about to attack Limsa Limosa thing is a bit pressing. Y'shtola's reaction echoes the player's.
* Lady Lilira the Lalafel. She acts like an adorably precocious child. And complains about being 'passed around like a swaddled babe'.
** [[spoiler: I meant the Sultana Nanamo...]]
* One of the Marauder quests. The guildmaster sends you (along with his sister, a [[WhiteMage conjurer]] who has already backed you up before) to clear out a nest of beasts as a sort of training exercise. You finish it easily and the conjurer wonders if that was supposed to be a challenge - ''then'' you're challenged by a mysterious band of warriors. Actually, they're the guildmaster and several other unnamed guildmates [[PaperThinDisguise who are all wearing face-concealing helmets]]. The conjurer says [[YouHaveGotToBeKiddingMe what the player is almost certainly thinking]].
-->'''Solkwyb''': What a ridiculous charade. Did he honestly think we couldn't see through those paltry disguises? [...] Oh, and as a favor to me? Pray indulge Wyrnzoen in his little deception - subterfuge is not a marauder's forte.
** And after you report back to the guild:
-->'''Wyrnzoen''': You did well to to topple [[ButHeSoundsHandsome opponents of such formidable skill.]] But let us not dwell on the nature of those masked men. What is important is your triumph in the face of overwhelming odds.
* The DragonQuestX crossover storyline referenced the DragonQuest [[DoesThisRemindYouOfAnything "Puff-Puff"]] RunningGag as your character's 'reward' for completing it. As usual, your character is asked to close his/her eyes as they give you your 'reward'. At the end of it, you open your eyes to catch a face full of a furry/feathery creature being held by the ladies.
* [[DestructiveSaviour Shantotto]] is specifically compared to The Calamity, in terms of danger to Eorzea. Shantotto is also slightly smaller than a typical Lalafell. And then she brings out Five V... and a rhyme.
* Hildibrand returns in usual fashion, digging himself out of his own grave, convinced he's a zombie because of his amnesia. His quest chain is silly, nonsensical, and ends in a way that might leave you flabbergasted by how crazy it is. At one point, Hildibrand makes a joyful face that stretches his model so much it's very obviously meant to push the UncannyValley.