* When Jane is getting scanned.
--> '''Neil:''' Looks like you gained some weight.
--> '''Jane:''' It's called upper body strength, Neil. Get a girlfriend.
* Neil worries that the scanners have been rumored to cause sterility, and he wants "a little Neil Jr running around calling me Daddy someday" - to which Jane replies "that's a spooky thought."
* Aki refers to the Deep Eyes as Gray's "men", to which Jane loudly makes it clear she's a woman.
--> '''Neil:''' She thinks you're a man.
--> '''Jane:''' Well she's an idiot.
--> '''Neil:''' I know you're not a man.
--> '''Jane:''' Well I think ''you're'' an idiot too.
* Neil has a case of ComicallyMissingThePoint after meeting Aki. Although really he's right on the ball, and it's the other two who have SkewedPriorities.
--> '''Jane:''' What's with her?
--> '''Ryan:''' What's with [[BelligerentSexualTension her and the captain]]?
--> '''Neil:''' What's with her and that stupid plant?
* Aki gets one in a dream sequence. Cid is implanting the seventh spirit into her, with Gray acting as her spiritual support. Once Aki realises this is why he's in her dream, she remarks "Gray, how ''sweet'' of you."
* Sid gets a good one in as they bundle themselves into the car - about to drive through Phantom-infested Manhattan.
--> '''Sid:''' I gather this won't be a fun trip?
--> '''Neil:''' Doc, you got a talent for understatement.
* After they've crashed and Ryan is wounded, Dr Sid asks him to say something to let them know he's still lucid. He replies "ouch!"