* "My name is Gregory Goyle and I smell." Written next to the entry on [[AllTrollsAreDifferent trolls]] for bonus points.
* The book's intro talks about how wizardkind sought to differentiate between "beings" and "beasts", with the first classification of a "being" being anything that walks on two legs. This subsequently leads to chaos at a meeting of all these "beings": trolls smash the place up, hags look for children to eat, and Augureys make a huge din. Ultimately, the wizard in charge of opening the meeting [[ScrewThisImOuttaHere runs cursing from the hall]] after slipping on some Porlock dung.
* This conversation scrawled on the first page:
-->'''Harry:''' This book belongs to Harry Potter.
-->'''Ron:''' Shared by Ron Weasley because his fell apart.
-->'''Hermione:''' Why don't you buy a new one then?
-->'''Ron:''' Write on your own book, Hermione.
-->'''Hermione:''' You bought all those Dungbombs on Saturday, you could have bought a new book instead.
-->'''Ron:''' Dungbombs ''rule''.
* And of course Janus Thickey's "last words", a scribbled note saying:
-->"Oh no, a Lethifold's got me, I'm suffocating"
** And later it turned out that he was actually [[spoiler:having an affair with a local barmaid]]. Naturally, his wife was not pleased.
* The trailer gives us [[SarcasmMode an epic battle of wits]] between [[TheGuardsMustBeCrazy a Staten Island customs officer]] and Newt Scamander, [[BadLiar the worst liar in history.]]
-->'''Officer:''' First trip to America?
--> ''(some sort of creature shuffles around in Newt's [[BagOfHolding suitcase]] and Newt desperately tries to cover it up)''
-->'''Newt:''' ...I must get that fixed.
-->'''Officer:''' [[FailedASpotCheck Anything edible in there?]]
--> ''(Newt quickly checks to make sure [[AWizardDidIt his suitcase is Muggle Worthy]])''
-->'''Newt:''' [[HesitationEqualsDishonesty Um...uh...no. No.]]
-->'''Officer:''' [[DramaticIrony Any livestock?]]
--> ''(the officer checks the suitcase and sees only normal contents)''
-->'''Newt:''' [[BlatantLies No.]]
-->'''Officer:''' ''(beat)'' [[WhatAnIdiot Welcome to New York.]]
* The ending of the [[https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ViuDsy7yb8M official teaser]] has Newt descend into his suitcase while Jacob watches with wide eyes, sandwich halfway to his mouth. Then Newt whistles, his hand beckoning from the suitcase, and Jacob can only point at himself in bewilderment.