* "My name is Gregory Goyle and I smell." Written next to the entry on [[AllTrollsAreDifferent trolls]] for bonus points.
* The book's intro talks about how wizardkind sought to differentiate between "beings" and "beasts", with the first classification of a "being" being anything that walks on two legs. This subsequently leads to chaos at a meeting of all these "beings": trolls smash the place up, hags look for children to eat, and Augureys make a huge din. Ultimately, the wizard in charge of opening the meeting [[ScrewThisImOuttaHere runs cursing from the hall]] after slipping on some Porlock dung.
* This conversation scrawled on the first page:
-->'''Harry:''' This book belongs to Harry Potter.
-->'''Ron:''' Shared by Ron Weasley because his fell apart.
-->'''Hermione:''' Why don't you buy a new one then?
-->'''Ron:''' Write on your own book, Hermione.
-->'''Hermione:''' You bought all those Dungbombs on Saturday, you could have bought a new book instead.
-->'''Ron:''' Dungbombs ''rule''.
* And of course Janus Thickey's "last words", a scribbled note saying:
-->"Oh no, a Lethifold's got me, I'm suffocating"
** And later it turned out that he was actually [[spoiler:having an affair with a local barmaid]]. Naturally, his wife was not pleased.
* The trailer gives us [[SarcasmMode an epic battle of wits]] between [[TheGuardsMustBeCrazy a Staten Island customs officer]] and Newt Scamander, [[BadLiar the worst liar in history.]]
-->'''Officer:''' First trip to America?
--> ''(some sort of creature shuffles around in Newt's [[BagOfHolding suitcase]] and Newt desperately tries to cover it up)''
-->'''Newt:''' ...I must get that fixed.
-->'''Officer:''' [[FailedASpotCheck Anything edible in there?]]
--> ''(Newt quickly checks to make sure [[AWizardDidIt his suitcase is Muggle Worthy]])''
-->'''Newt:''' [[HesitationEqualsDishonesty Um...uh...no. No.]]
-->'''Officer:''' [[DramaticIrony Any livestock?]]
--> ''(the officer checks the suitcase and sees only normal contents)''
-->'''Newt:''' [[BlatantLies No.]]
-->'''Officer:''' ''(beat)'' [[WhatAnIdiot Welcome to New York.]]
* The ending of the [[https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ViuDsy7yb8M official teaser]] has Newt descend into his suitcase while Jacob watches with wide eyes, a mug halfway to his mouth. Then Newt whistles, his hand beckoning from the suitcase, and Jacob can only point at himself in bewilderment.
* The [[https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YdgQj7xcDJo San Diego Comic-Con trailer]] shows us a magical beast going after Newt and a row of No-Maj policemen facing each other in a standoff... [[MoodWhiplash and then cuts to Newt and Jacob smiling and clapping like it's their reaction to the previous scene]].