* One event while in the Slug nebula is facing off with "the dreaded pirate, Captain Nights." He then asks you if you've heard of him, if his name strikes fear in your heart. Your response? [[LittleNo "No."]] Just "No."
* If your crew dies during the Tutorial level, the game sarcastically replies ''"[[EpicFail Somehow you've died during the introduction training exercise.]] [[NonStandardGameOver Feel free to try again but this doesn't bode well for your mission.]]"''
* Sometimes you'll find Auto-Scouts in the asteroid field...equipped with ''no shields.'' If you have enough shielding (and Defense drones if they have missile launchers) to render their weapons useless, you can pretty much sit back and laugh while the Auto-Scout explodes without any effort on your part.
* "Holy crap! A weapon is just floating in space!"
* [[http://www.reddit.com/r/ftlgame/comments/17aptb/bizarro_mantis_b/ Someone]] has attempted a Mantis B run [[SelfImposedChallenge with an all-Engi crew]]. Yes, that includes the boarding party. Guess which side wins? Not the Rebels.
-->''And it was on that day that the Alliance accepted that brave, terrifyingly bloodthirsty crew of Engi into their midst, probably because they didn't want to get assimilated.\\
Even today, that crew of Engi have eyes like no other. Deep inside, these Engi burn bright red, betraying the one emotion they did manage to develop...hate.''
* "Send the crew to help immediately! [[GiantSpider Giant alien spiders]] are [[SeriousBusiness no joke]]."
* Events where your crew die are not funny... unless you have the cloning bay, in which case they learn a valuable lesson.
* One event has a ship of Slugs ask for your help in fixing their oxygen generation unit. Normally you get the option of either helping them or ignoring them, and if you help them then either being boarded or losing a crew member. However, if you have a Mantis crew you get a special choice that results in: "Once on board, it becomes clear that nothing is wrong with their O2 system. Almost expecting this, your Mantis calmly responds to the trap. Once a couple of the Slugs have been spread across the walls of their ship, the rest surrender."
* In Abandoned Sectors, the newly discovered Lanius are taking apart the debris fields. One of their surrender texts states that they use their limited knowledge of human culture to convey their meaning. They wave around white flags WesternAnimation/LooneyTunes' style.
* Webcomic/PennyArcade's [[http://www.penny-arcade.com/comic/2014/04/28/faster-than-litigation comic]]. You've done this, don't lie!
* Those times when enemy slavers teleport on to your ship...only to be ripped apart by your maxed-combat-training Mantises. [[http://www.nerfnow.com/comic/1282 You almost feel bad for them.]]
* [[http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zD7yC87xzPo "FTL: Free Throws & Layups"]], a mashup of [[Film/SpaceJam "Space Jam"]], "Milkyway (Battle)", and "Cosmos (Battle)". [[http://www.youtube.com/comment?lc=IfZXLFjMjZpLcrWXrjPPfeRxfna6ffEe5LtJ7wEVFNM Ben Prunty himself liked it.]]
--> ''Welcome to FTL! Your ship is the last hope of the International Basketball Federation. Recruit players, upgrade your court, and win space jams to defeat the Rebels before it's too late.''
* The Federation Cruiser Type C layout. It comes with two Zoltans, a human, and a Mantis, as well as a level 2 clonebay and a teleporter, but no weapons or drones. How do you fight? Teleport the Zoltans over to the enemy, have them fight until they explode, then clone them and send the clones.