While this movie is high on the horror, it does have a couple of moments of hilarity.
* First, after finally having viewed the ApocalypticLog entry, depicting the insane original crew torturing each other in severely hideous ways:
--> '''Miller''':(deadpan) [[KnowWhenToFoldEm We're leaving.]]
* Second, this exchange immediately afterwards:
---> '''Weir''': You can't just leave her!
---> '''Miller''': I have no intention of leaving her, Dr Weir. I plan to take the ''Lewis and Clark'' to a safe distance and then [[StuffBlowingUp launch TAC missiles at her]] [[ItsTheOnlyWayToBeSure until]] [[ReasonableAuthorityFigure I am satisfied]] the ''[[EldritchLocation Event Horizon]]'' [[ThereIsNoKillLikeOverkill has been vaporized]]. ''[[PrecisionFStrike Fuck]]'' this ship!
** Both of which come off as a severe form of understatement from the sympathetic audience.
* Mentioned should be made of Cooper, after [[spoiler: the ''Lewis and Clark'' has been destroyed by a bomb, catapulting a spacesuit-clad Cooper into empty space on a chunk of debris.]] His reaction to his predicament proves a nice bit of recovery from the emotional punch of the situation:
-->'''Cooper:''' Why's this shit always gotta happen to ''me''?!
** Not to mention, when he's zooming back toward the ship, "HERE I COME [[PrecisionFStrike MOTHERFUCKEEEEERS]]!"
* After [[spoiler: Weir]] is blown into space Miller and Stark hear the alarm for the forward airlock and assume the worst. Not taking any chances, they grab large tools from a nearby rack, ready them as weapons, and wait for the airlock to open... only to find [[spoiler: Cooper.]] His reaction to seeing them about to come in swinging is priceless.
--> [[spoiler: '''Cooper''']]: Don't hit me!
* Near the beginning of the film, as Weir is explaining to the crew of ''Lewis and Clark'' how the ''Event Horizon'' achieves faster-than-light travel by warping space, he pulls one of Smith's centerfolds off his bunk to use as a visual aid. When Smith starts to protest, Miller gives him a solemn pat on the shoulder as if to say "Take one for the team, Smith."
* This classic:
--> '''Cooper''': Want something hot and black inside you?
-->''Starck flips him off''
--> '''Cooper''': Is that an offer?
--> '''Starck''': It is not.
--> '''Cooper''': Well, how 'bout some coffee, then?