* Early on, Eric Larrson and Mike Havel travel alone. The testosterone-laden Eric starts trying to push Mike. ''Bad idea''.
--> '''Mike:''' ''*dodges Eric's fist and hits him*'' Kill one. ''*stops a kick and pushes Eric down*''' Kill two...
-->[[GilliganCut (Ninety seconds later)]]
-->'''Mike:''' ''*holds Eric against a tree by the throat*'' [[CurbStompBattle Kill six]].
* Tiphaine's chagrin in ''The Given Sacrifice'' when Mathilda informs her that "We will give you good lordship ''whether you want it or not!''" is entirely chuckle-worthy. Seven books after the introduction of "Lady Death," someone ''finally'' manages to outmaneuver her! Guess it helps to have royal authority....
* Mary Havel explaining to Ingolf how she and Ritva decided who was going to sleep with him, and why. Mary notes that Ingolf is the only real choice (given that Rudi's their brother; Edain doesn't seem particularly interested; Ignatius is a priest with a vow of celibacy; and [[ButtMonkey nobody wants to give Odard the satisfaction]]). [[spoiler: They setttled it with a ''coin toss''.]]
* When a steam engine fails to work as it should, this is regarded as proof that AlienSpaceBats are responsible. Someone shouts, "Those bastards! They're going to wish they'd never heard of us!" Someone else bemoans, "I wish they'd never heard of us now."
* In ''A Meeting at Corvallis'', Mike "translates" the elegantly-worded opening phrases of Astrid's scouting report as: "Elvish, elvish, elvish -- ''Hi Mike!'' -- elvish, elvish, elvish -- ''it's me, Astrid.''"
* In ''The High King of Montival'', when Rudi/Artos learns that two companies of the Canadian "Force" (a peacekeeping organization descended from the Royal Canadian Mounted Police) are going to join his troop:
-->''"Ah, so the Force is with us!"''