* After Mississippi shoots at the retreating man (and hits the sign instead). And the others arrive and demand an explanation.
--> '''Cole''': Did you get him?
--> '''Mississippi''': Ah, who?
--> '''Cole''': The fella that ran outta the church!
--> '''Mississippi''': Well, yes and no.
--> '''Cole''': Yes and no!? Did you or didn't you!?
--> '''Mississippi''': I hit the sign, and the sign hit him.
--> '''Cole''': Well, that's great!
--> '''Mississippi''': He was limping when he left!
--> '''Cole''': He was limping when he got here!
--> '''Mississippi''': ...Oh.
* The whole ordeal J.P. must endure while in the bathtub, in his office. Not to mention ''everybody'' giving him a bar of soap.
--> (holds up one of the soap bars) I have a lot of friends Joey.
* Even after all the introductions, J.P. still can't get Mississippi's name right! Though they do keep trying.
--> '''J. P.''': Alan Bourdillion... Tra-who?
--> '''Cole''': Tra-HAIN.
--> '''Mississippi''': Tra-HERNE!
--> '''J. P. & Cole''': Tra-HERNE.
** Hell, J.P.'s reaction when he's finally sober enough to hear Mississippi's full name.
--> '''J. P.''': Well no ''wonder'' he carries a knife.
* Mississippi refuses to take off his hat, [[TragicKeepsake in memory of his old mentor who was murdered]]. Until [[UnkemptBeauty Joey]] mentions in passing that he'd look better without it.
* The scene where Cole gauges Mississippi as a gunfighter. Cole shoots the arm of a cactus and then gives his gun to Mississippi. Mississippi decides to use a quick-draw-like move and shoots a nearby bush. Mississippi looks pleased with himself until Cole asks if he ''meant'' to hit that bush, to which Mississippi confesses that he was trying to hit the same cactus.
** Cole decides to solve the issue by getting Mississippi a sawed-off shotgun. While useful for someone who can't aim well, [[spoiler:this manages to bite Cole in the end. While the whole gang is being patched up, the surgeon notes that the leg wound Cole received was caused by a single shot from a shotgun.]] Mississippi was the only one using a shotgun at the time and confesses to the deed in embarrassment. Cole ribs him a bit, explaining that the safest place to be when Mississippi fires is ''behind'' Mississippi.