* Peg's efforts to use Avon products to hide Edward's scars. Most notably the "hint of lavender" that turns his face purple.
* Virtually every line delivered by Bill Boggs. His chirpy "Hey Edward, where are you going?" near the film's climax sends this Troper into fits every time!
* Edward casually mentioning over dinner how Joyce attempted to seduce him. The entire family (save for Bill) does a double-take.
-->"We looked at where the salon is going to be. There's a place where you can have a make-up stand. [[BreadEggsMilkSquick And then she showed me the back room, where she took all her clothes off]]."
** Made funnier by Bill not even noticing and continuing to ramble on about the pleasures of owning your own business.
* The Barbeque scene especially the Shis kebob scene.
--> '''Bill:''' -checking the kebob- Ok Soup's on!!!
--> '''Edward:''' -mouth full- I thought it was Shish Kebob.
* The old inventor's attempts to teach Edward social etiquette being foiled by how dull it is, the inventor seemingly agreeing with an ''"Mmm, yes - bor-ing."'' before the two delve into some poetry.
* Edward has a bit of trouble adjusting to Kim's water bed.
* After the hair-cutting scene, one woman spends the rest of the movie with her hair in a rectangular shape.
* The show and tell scene, especially when Edward briefly does an AssKickingPose with his hands.