* Peg's efforts to use Avon products to hide Edward's scars. Most notably the "hint of lavender" that turns his face purple.
* Virtually every line delivered by Bill Boggs. His chirpy "Hey Edward, where are you going?" near the film's climax sends this Troper into fits every time!
* Edward casually mentioning over dinner how Joyce attempted to seduce him. The entire family (save for Bill) does a double-take.
-->"We looked at where the salon is going to be. There's a place where you can have a make-up stand. [[BreadEggsMilkSquick And then she showed me the back room, where she took all her clothes off]]."
** Made funnier by Bill not even noticing and continuing to ramble on about the pleasures of owning your own business.
* The Barbeque scene especially the Shis kebob scene.
--> '''Bill:''' -checking the kebob- Ok Soup's on!!!
--> '''Edward:''' -mouth full- I thought it was Shish Kebob.
* The old inventor's attempts to teach Edward social etiquette being foiled by how dull it is, the inventor seemingly agreeing with an ''"Mmm, yes - bor-ing."'' before the two delve into some poetry.
* Edward has a bit of trouble adjusting to Kim's water bed.
** Connected to the water bed, when Kim first sees him in her water bed in her mirror. Sure, it was frightening for her, but her shrieks and Edward's reaction, and yes the damage done to the water bed, are hilarious!
* After the hair-cutting scene, one woman spends the rest of the movie with her hair in a rectangular shape.
* The show and tell scene, especially when Edward briefly does an AssKickingPose with his hands.