* Quite a few - Duane is the sort of writer who can sneak up on you and leave you gasping for breath. The acme of all these moments, though, has to be when [[spoiler:Kirk finally gets fed up with [=McCoy=]'s kvetching and puts him in command of the ''Enterprise'']] in ''Doctor's Orders''.
* ''Dark Mirror'': The whacked-out improv opera at the end.
** Related to this, Worf's line about a particular Klingon opera: "There was fighting in the streets for three days, and the government fell. And ''then''-" *interruption ensues*
* From ''Spock's World'' - [=McCoy=] vs. several Vulcans. The good doctor has surprising compassion (especially considering [[Recap/StarTrekS2E1AmokTime what happened the last time he was there]]), but he won't take any illogical anti-human guff off anyone and gets in some good jabs that are part insult and part calling out.
** Also, the debate itself starts off with recurring character K's't'lk - a glass spider - going up against a snooty Vulcan (Bones tabs the Vulcan as "tenured") over the very nature of reality itself... which K's't'lk wins by ''biting that snooty Vulcan on the leg''.
*** And Kirk overhears K's't'lk muttering to herself as she leaves "...that showed him. Get all Zen with ME..."
** ''Literature/SpocksWorld'' now has [[Funny/SpocksWorld its own page.]]
* In one of her ''Franchise/StarTrek'' novels someone mentioned the roller coaster. Chekov, for once telling the truth, stated it was originally invented in Russia... [[CassandraTruth And nobody believed him]].
* Every time a Romulan encounters Naraht, for the first time. Why? Romulan religion worship elements... And Naraht, being a [[StarfishAlien Horta]], just looks like living Earth, pulling an accidental GodGuise.
** Naraht does it on purpose in ''The Romulan Way'' on ''the whole Romulan Empire'': they were broadcasting [=McCoy=] [[KangarooCourt alleged trial]] before the Senate when Naraht broke in.
** In ''My Enemy, My Ally'', Ael and the crew of the ''Enterprise'' are on a Rihan space station, and need to pass through a door that is too dense to penetrate with their weapons. Ael's solution? She had Naraht ''eat it''.
* In ''The Romulan Way'', [=McCoy=] has been captured by the Romulans and [[KangarooCourt given a fixed trial before the Tricameron]], and it's being broadcasted to the whole empire. He knows he's going to be rescued, but he needs time, so he [[HoldingTheFloor abused the Right of Statement (basically, the defendant in a Romulan trial has the right to explain his actions with a speech as long as he can)]]... And started by [[RefugeInAudacity thanking them for sparing him a fair trial, no matter that even the Klingon would have granted him one]]. ''On live broadcast to the whole Romulan Empire''.