''Bananas'' is one of those early funnier movies that the aliens from ''Film/StardustMemories'' wanted Allen to stick with.
Other Crowning Funny bits:
* WideWorldOfSports, the thrill of victory and the agony of defeat, this time bringing you live coverage of the assassination of El Presidente! With Howard Cosell [[LargeHam himself]] chewing the scenery.
** This troper refuses to quote Cosell's entire delivery. It must be seen to be believed. A YouTube [[http://youtu.be/Z1QVthvDhPo has finally been located]]...
** Bookended with Wide World Of Sports covering Fielding and Nancy's honeymoon.
* Fielding Mellish's speech to American diplomats.
* The courtroom trial, as one absurdity after another is added, culminating in Miss America herself accusing Mellish of being "a subversive mother".
-->'''Mellish''': I object, your honor! This trial is a travesty. It's a travesty of a mockery of a sham of a mockery of a travesty of two mockeries of a sham.
-->'''Prosecutor''': You're J. Edgar Hoover?!\\
'''Large Black Woman''': [[HilariousInHindsight I'm in disguise]]...
-->'''Witness''': I'm sorry to disappoint you, but I've known Fielding Mellish for years and he's a warm, wonderful human being.\\
'''Mellish''': Uh, would the clerk read that statement back please?\\
'''Clerk''': "I've known Fielding Mellish for years and he's a rotten, conniving, dishonest little rat."
-->'''Mellish''': (bound and gagged) (makes muffled noises)\\
'''Female Witness''': (tearfully breaks down) Yes! Yes, I lied!...
* The San Marcos Dictator Vargas calls for aid, but instead of getting the [=CIA=] he called a Jewish scholarship fund. Cue the arrival of a company of [[AllJewsAreAshkenazi Hasidic rabbis]] marching through the battlezone with donation cans.
* To prove his worth to the rebels, Fielding is sent to the nearest village to secure food. He promptly makes a deli counter order of thousands of bagged sandwiches and wheelbarrows full of cole slaw. And has the restaurant send the bill to Vargas.
* During a TrainingMontage, Fielding is learning how to throw a grenade, but [[ThrowThePin throws the pin]]. He has just long enough to make a priceless exasperated face before the grenade explodes in his hand. Later, he tries again and successfully throws the grenade, only for [[RuleOfFunny the pin to inexplicably explode in his hand]].