* Acknowledging Mettle's status as a meme on [[ImageBoards 4chan]]. Twice.
* Hazmat's various take-thats at Marvel Comics as a whole.
** Hazmat in #10: "Today's gonna suck as much as all the others... but just a little bit ''harder''. Because it's ''OneMoreDay''... with ''no end in sight''."
** In #34. "I thought they'd reopen the Academy in a day. Maybe two. But this ComicBook/AvengersVsXMen thing just keeps dragging on."
* In #5, Finesse shuts down Striker's attempts to hit on her in an epic manner
--> "You're young, rich, attractive, powerful and entitled. All the makings of a selfish, unimaginative, and unskilled lover. I have more interesting ways to pass the time. And more interesting people to pass it with."
* In #22, the X-Men visit the campus. Cyclops raises concerns over a re-programmed Sentinel that one of the students uses.
-->'''Cyclops''': Isn't that a Sentinel?
-->'''Sentinel''': Destroy all mutants--
-->(Juston [[PercussiveMaintenance hits it]])
-->'''Sentinel''': Welcome honored guests.
* In issue three, Valkyrie gives the girls TheTalk and serves them mead. Tigra is not amused.
* [[IncredibleHercules Hercules]] appearance in the Avengers vs. X-Men tie-ins had two big ones, mostly for him being a LargeHam.
** Posing nude for the class and everyone's reaction to it. Especially when he suggests wrestling with the strapping young lads there.
** The fake-out fight leading to Hercules' Monologue. It lasts the ENTIRE FIGHT!
--> '''Hercules''': I am undone! O cruel fate, why have you cursed me so!
--> '''Striker''': Dude, you are a horrible actor.
--> '''Hercules''': Sophocles Disagreed. Now silence, my monologue has just begun!
* Hazmat getting prisoners to leave her alone in #4.
--> '''Grizzly''': Hey, kid. You just got elected hostage. Do exactly what I say and you won't--
--> '''Hazmat''': Get back in your cell. Or I'll give you cancer.
--> '''Grizzly''': Okay, okay. Jeez. Used to be they'd just smack you in the mouth.
* Julie Power's reaction to [[spoiler: Striker coming out to her]]. It's all in the look in her face.
* Klara Prast's first encounter with a Sentinel - "Run, Molly! I will restrain the automaton!"