* The entire sequence where Alvy and Annie are standing on line waiting to get into a movie while a man says things to his date that drive Alvy nuts. Especially:
-->'''Man:''' It just doesn't hit me on a gut level.
-->'''Alvy:''' (''under his breath'') I'd like to hit this guy on a gut level.
** And also:
-->'''Alvy:''' What I wouldn't give for a large sock filled with horse manure.
* Alvy sneezing when he tries the cocaine. Especially great when you realize it was a ThrowItIn moment.
** Not quite. The scene was added late because audiences were confused as to why Alvy and Annie were suddenly in Los Angeles. Leave it to Woody to make an ''interstitial scene'' into a classic comedy moment.
* Marshall [=McLuhan=] in one of the greatest OneSceneWonder BreakingTheFourthWall moments in film history. "You know nothing of my work!"
* A terrified Alvy staring at Annie's brother while he's driving, after he had shared a fantasy of deliberately crashing into another car.
** Alvy's line after Duane shares his fantasy: "Right, well I have to go now, Duane, because I'm due back on the planet Earth."
* The scene in which the Singer and Hall families converse not only across a split screen, but across ''decades''.
-->'''Mrs. Hall:''' How do you plan to spend the holidays, Mrs. Singer?
-->'''Mrs. Singer:''' We fast.
-->'''Mr. Hall:''' Fast?
-->'''Mr. Singer:''' No food. You know, to atone for our sins.
-->'''Mrs. Hall:''' What sins? I don't understand.
-->'''Mr. Singer:''' To tell you the truth, neither do we.
-->'''Alvy:''' You're just upset. You must be getting your period.
-->'''Evil Queen!Annie:''' I don't get a period. I'm a cartoon character.