* FridgeLogic: Drew's sword, which is supposed to only work with sunlight as its power source, has an apparent blue setting that both works at night and doesn't seem to require light. Or maybe it absorbs ''moon''light, which is just reflected sunlight.
** Zak's powers allow him to control cryptids' minds. Since cryptids are defined as creatures whose existence haven't been proved to satisfaction of mainstream science, does that mean his powers will stop working if mainstream scientist start believing the creatures exist?
*** In point of fact, the series concept seems to imply that Cryptids are not just weird animals but supernatural creatures. Zon is a '''prehistoric''' animal, meaning she's most likely immortal, and Kur is some kind of godlike figure. Clearly these aren't ''our'' Cryptids.
*** A popular fan theory is that Zak is able to use his powers on ''every'' animal (humans included) and his parents just decided to not disclose ''that'' particular piece of information.
**** Jossed. On the [[http://forums.toonzone.net/showthread.php?p=3256014#post3256014 toonzone forums]] Jay Stephens has indicated that Cryptids on the show are to regular animals what mutants are to humans in the X-men.
** Isn't Komodo something that would be labeled under an ordinary animal, rather than a cryptid?
*** WordOfGod states the Saturdays ''started'' with ordinary Komodo Dragon stock, then genetically modified it into a made-to-order cryptid. He can camouflage far more effectively then any chameleon (to the point of being completely invisible), has a stomach that can digest anything, and he's been 'uplifted' to AmplifiedAnimalAptitude. (Your average lizard isn't a skilled jet pilot).
*** And Komodo Dragons were already a cryptid proven to science.
** How in blazing hell did [[spoiler: V.V. Argost have a ''fully functional television '''in a cave in the Himalayas?!''' '']]
*** Ridiculously overprepared tourists? A better question: how did he learn enough about bionics to design Baron Finster's scorpion body?
*** He raided a village for one. He was very skilled at staying hidden and murdered any witnesses. How the television got a ''signal'' in the middle of the Himalayas is another question altogether.
** Zak's powers allow him to sense nearby cryptids, but in Into the Mouth of Darkness [[spoiler: he used this part of his powers with Argost in the room, but he could not sense that Argost was in fact a cryptid.]]
*** Jossed. On the toonzone forums Jay Stephens said that [[spoiler: Argost's mask]] is made of a special material that [[spoiler: blocks Zak from sensing that he is a cryptid]]
* FridgeBrilliance: There are many mainstream animals that were previously considered Cryptids. Two such animals include the Kangaroo (no, really!) and the Platypus.
* In the Ben 10 Crossover episode, [[spoiler:Zak is never seen using the Claw when using his powers (which he kept as a residual effect of being merged with Kur for so long). In addition, the Claw is strictly a weapon and no longer has the Hand of Tsul'Kalu on the end. The reason for this? ''He's grown in skill and strength to the point where he no longer needs it.'']]
* Also from the crossover, [[spoiler:it's revealed that Argost had sent a back up plan to Dr. Animo to bring him back to life if he died in a matter/antimatter reaction.]] This makes sense when you realize [[spoiler:Argost's plan was to absorb Zak Monday's Anti Kur powers. He may not have been sure if this would destroy him or not, so he gave Animo the plans just in case it happened.]]
* FridgeHorror: In War of the Cryptids when [[spoiler: they lost Zak for a few minutes, it is implied that he ''died'']]