* The full theme song includes the lyric "The game sucks so bad he makes up his own words". This is set to a clip of the Nerd saying things like "fuck rats" and "fuck farts"...but if you look at it as referring to the time he had to make up a new swear for his ''Godzilla'' review, it makes a lot more sense.
* On more than one occasion, the Nerd has used the phrase "It's like puking on a pile of shit!" to describe when his situation has gone FromBadToWorse. And in the ''Toxic Crusaders'' episode, he vomits at the sight of Creator/LloydKaufman taking a dump on the cartridge. In other words, puking on a pile of shit.
* Whenever the Nerd abuses a Gameboy game, he does it while it's still inside the Gameboy. Why does he only do this to the Gameboy when he removes the game from his other consoles first? Because the Gameboy is [[TonkaTough indestructible]]!
* In the ''Bayou Billy'' crossover episode with Pat the NES Punk, Pat comments on how after the Nerd dies for the umpteenth time that he might be doing this on purpose and that the game wasn't that hard[[note]]he found out otherwise subsequently[[/note]]. Two years prior, in his making-of video, James states that he actually did purposely die in video games for some of his earliest videos. A very well-played MythologyGag, of sorts.
* In his Schwarzenegger Games review, there's no intro. At the end of the review, we find out why. [[spoiler: The guitar dude is dead.]]
** Don't worry, he comes back to life in the [[spoiler: Ikari Warriors]] episode.
* Invoked with Super Mario Bros. 3. James speculates that the reason the game is so difficult is because it was a product forged by the Devil and gives sound, if not out of reach, theories on why. One of those theories is that the seven sons of Bowser represent the Seven Deadly Sins.
** This very site seriously considers Bowser's children to be designed after the Sins, as detailed on the Franchise/SuperMarioBros character page, so the theory certainly resonates.
* He called the "Wally Bear" hotline in 2006 and it ''still worked''. He's immediately creeped out because it's ''still being maintained''.
** According to YouTube commentators, the line was finally shut down around 2009.
* WebVideo/TheAngryVideoGameNerd universe takes place in the ChannelAwesome universe. WebVideo/AtopTheFourthWall had it so [[spoiler:a video game glitch, aka Missingno]] was an EldritchAbomination, meaning that ''[[spoiler:programming glitches]]'' [[FromNobodyToNightmare can warp reality]]. [[GreatGazoo The Glitch Gremlin]] can create glitches. This means [[NotSoHarmlessVillain The Glitch Gremlin can create beings like]] '''[[spoiler:THE ENTITY]]'''.
** Probably not. The Glitch Gremlin seems to represent the glitches due to faulty cartridges/discs, read errors and other random occurrences. '''[[spoiler:The Entity/Missingno]]''' was a glitch triggered under specific circumstances that could be done on command and was a factor of the game's code, which the Glitch Gremlin has nothing to do with. Remember, in the video, the Nerd cleaned out the glitching game, getting rid of the gremlin, before moving onto glitches that could be triggered on command. The gremlin didn't show up again until he moved on to the Rocky game, where the shown glitches were again random.
* One part of the Nerd's VideoGame/BigRigsOverTheRoadRacing review has him pressing and holding the Control key [[GoodBadBugs to infinitely]] [[ObviousBeta decelerate his truck]]. After the resulting decelerating sound grows increasingly louder, he covers his ears with ''both'' of his hands...and yet, he lifts his hand off the Control button a moment later as if he were holding it the entire time.
* Sure, the Nerd was [[HeroicBSOD pretty]] [[DespairEventHorizon jarred]] in the [[VideoGame/PennAndTellersSmokeAndMirrors Desert Bus]] episode, but was [[spoiler:attempting to end the show and retire]] really a smart move on his part? Even when he knew that this was his 10th anniversary episode?