[[folder: Fridge Brilliance ]]
* Cody's theme in ''[[VideoGame/StreetFighterIV SSFIV]]'' is heavily based off of the intro from ''FinalFight''. The rapper repeats the words "Turn the beat back!" quite often. This is a look into [[TragicHero Cody's]] [[KnightInSourArmor psyche]]; he longs to relive his glory days as a hero and get out of his funk, but sadly has convinced himself that things can never go back to how they were.
** Near the end, the song gets rather uplifting and whimsical...until it loops and goes back to being a gritty rap. More than likely, it's Cody remembering his time as a hero, only to go back to his current, uncaring self.
* In ''VideoGame/StreetFighterIII: Third Strike'', Makoto is introduced as a upper-tier, fairly strong (competition-wise) character. When she's added to the roster in ''Super Street Fighter IV'', her tier ranking takes a nosedive and she unfortunately ends up as bottom tier and the ''only'' character lower than ''[[JokeCharacter Dan]]''. However, ''Super Street Fighter IV'' takes place prior to ''3rd Strike'' in universe. Makoto at this time would [[SkilledButNaive most likely have limited experience battling against different styles of martial arts]], having just inherited the dojo. When she realizes just how much she has yet to learn, she returns home to TakeALevelInBadass and undergo TrainingFromHell before making her return in ''3rd Strike'' and becoming a high tier character.
** Kinda doesn't work anymore now that Makoto has risen quite high in the tier lists thanks to the buffs she got in Arcade edition and Arcade edition 2012.
* One aspect of the US marketing was slapping on surnames to some characters, and Ryu became Ryu Hoshi. Factor in the Japanese name order, and it ought to be Hoshi Ryu. And 'hoshi' means 'star' so the full name in ''kanji'' can also be read as ''Seiryu'' - one of TheFourGods.
* Dan is significantly less wimpy in ''VideoGame/StreetFighterIV'' than in previous appearances. You might think this is because the developers are just trying to make him more fun to play but think about what Dan has been doing for the past three years. He's been hanging around with Blanka and Sakura. Even if he is getting his butt kicked regularly, practice with both fighters is bound to improve his fighting style.
* Juri hates Shadaloo for [[ParentalAbandonment killing her parents]] and [[EyeScream maiming her]]. S.I.N. is stated to have been Shadaloo's weapons division. In her Story Mode, Juri joins S.I.N. and works for its leader, Seth. Is it that she has/had no clue of the link between Shadaloo and S.I.N.? Well, if you examine her ending, it can very easily be a case of her playing the role of TheChessmaster, playing both sides against each other to make the whole organization destroy itself from within--that would be her ultimate revenge!
* Seth's was named after former Capcom employee Seth Killian and is also derived from the Biblical Seth (Being that Street Fighter's Seth replaced Abel as Shadaloo's main experimental subject after the latter fled). Seth's name also coincidentally could have a third interesting level of meaning in referencing the Egyptian god Set (also known as Seth), which fits with his [[AGodAmI desire to become a god-like being]].
* Why does Dan's Japanese voice sounds so husky and gritty in ''SFIV'' and its subsequent sequels? Well, since [[HotBlooded Osamu Hosoi]] voiced him from the ''Alpha'' series up until he was replaced by [[TheOtherDarrin Toshikyuki Kusuda]], it could be a sign that constantly screaming "[[CatchPhrase OYAJI!!!]]" for years eventually took a toll on Dan's vocal chords.