[[folder: Fridge Horror ]]
* ''[[VideoGame/LuigisMansion Luigi's Mansion]]''. You go around sucking up ghosts for a little old man who turns them into paintings. While some of the ghosts, like Bogmire, are simply monstrous constructs, many of the ghosts are the ghosts of people, as in people who ''died''. Think about that: not only are you trapping the restless souls of the formally living against their will, you're also ''flattening their very souls into paintings''! In other words, E. Gadd is a madman who uses ''human souls'' as decorations for his underground lair. To top it all off, one of the ghosts is a ''one-year-old child.''
** Or you could turn it around. All those paintings are haunted. While you're looking at them, they're looking back.
* And then there's the heart quotes. Most of these are harmless little tidbits of speech that the ghost is keeping to themself. But then there's Sue Pea. It's a hint at how to beat her, but think. What if that quote was her last words?
* It gets worse. There's a bug in one part of the game that shows [[http://i86.photobucket.com/albums/k92/Aska49/luigismansion0000.jpg Luigi's shadow on a wall]], floating... or rather, [[DrivenToSuicide hanging]] in the air. [[UnfortunateImplications Dear God...]]
* To people who played ''VideoGame/PaperMario'', Luigi's cowardice seems weird. In that game, he was eager and adventurous. However, if you read his diary at one point, you can see he was already scared of ghosts. And the first game with Luigi's fearful personality? ''Luigi's Mansion'', where he has to travel through a haunted mansion. Luigi is ''traumatized''. [[ThereAreNoTherapists And nobody seems to be helping him]].
[[folder: Fridge Brilliance ]]
* Wondering why does King Boo doesn't have his Jewel Crown in later games? Because Luigi sold it to buy his new mansion.