* Buck [[http://www.patheos.com/blogs/slacktivist/2004/03/31/lb-buck-deplanes/ gashes his head open while disembarking the plane]] in the first book. He immediately heads to the terminal, bleeding from the head the entire way. After getting there and checking his e-mail, he thinks "Crap, I'm sure bleeding a lot. I'd better try to stop it, so I'll go into the washroom and try pressing wet paper towels up against it. Damn, it's still pretty bad. Oh look, here's a [[http://www.patheos.com/blogs/slacktivist/2004/08/06/lb-dr-dives-is-bored/ doctor with nothing better to do than stitch up bleeding guys in washrooms]]. Problem solved!" It didn't occur to me until a day after reading this that Buck must have passed ''lots and lots'' of medical personnel while walking to the terminal, any one of whom would have been quite willing to treat his wound. (After taking care of the more serious cases, of course.) But he just completely ignored them? And none of the [=EMTs=] noticed a guy with a severe head wound walking by and thought to stop him before he passed out from blood loss halfway between the plane and the terminal?
** As the Slacktivist notes, the doctor who complains about being bored in an airport lounge while wrecked airliners burn outside is one of the most disgusting characters in the series. It would almost be FridgeBrilliance that he wasn't saved, except there's no indication that you're supposed to take him as anything but the kindly man he appears to be.
* At one point in the story, it is noted that the American militia movement (whom the authors are, as expected, supportive of) is the ONLY force who are opposing the Antichrist when he calls for the world to disarm. Not only does this imply that ACTUAL armed insurgency/anti government groups throughout the world who actively fight government forces (Lords Resistance Army, the Taliban, Somalian insurgents, IRA groups to name a few) are suddenly more than happy to disarm when politely asked, but that that these same militia whom the authors like so much are not "true Christians" as not only were they not raptured, but enough remained for them to be a noted power.
* Carpathia forces the president of the United States to give him Air Force One mostly because... [[ForTheEvulz he's the Antichrist.]] Except that this shouldn't be possible. For one thing, the president has more than one plane. For another, Air Force One is specifically the ''presidential'' plane - meaning that "Air Force One" is the designation of whichever plane the president happens to be on. If the president gave Carpathia his plane, it would cease to be Air Force One.
* The entirety of the Russian ([[AndZoidberg and Ethiopian]]) armed forces attack Israel for little to no reason, get knocked out of the sky, and nobody does anything about it for a year?
** How could anyone even investigate such an event? Would Israel have to possess such technology to be able to pull off a massive CurbStompBattle that can only be attributed to God?
*** Freak weather blew all the bombs and planes off course? All the bombs were duds? That's probably how Nicolae and the media spinned it, just like how they spin every disaster in the tribulation.
* Much of the [[http://www.patheos.com/blogs/slacktivist/ Slacktivist's]] [[http://www.patheos.com/blogs/slacktivist/category/left-behind/ critique of the series]] consists of FridgeLogic, and a fair amount of FridgeHorror.
** Speaking of FridgeHorror, if you're a ''Franchise/ShinMegamiTensei'' fan, this series has a metric ton of FridgeHorror, especially since it could have easily been written from [[ShinMegamiTenseiI a Messian]] [[TheFundamentalist perspective as in-universe fiction.]] God as depicted in this series has a LOT in common with [[GodIsEvil YHVH]]. The followers of Lucifer are depicted as depraved degenerates who [[DesignatedVillain have no one worth saving]] [[DefectorFromDecadence unless they see the light]], otherwise [[KillEmAll they die as divine punishment]]. In fact, the ending plays out like the Law ending of ''VideoGame/ShinMegamiTenseiStrangeJourney''.
* In a Case of FridgeBrilliance casting Nicolas Cage as Rayford Steel means that Nicolas Cage shall bestow some brand new memes on humanity.
* "Stonagal." "Rockefeller." ... Compare.