[[folder: Fridge Brilliance ]]
* A few things occured to me about ''La-Mulana'' last night. Firstly, the traps weren't put there by anyone. They're the Mother's immune system. And notice that the place is, well, ruins? This is why you have to kill the Mother: her body has degenerated to the point that even if she were sent into the sky, she would be unable to function, and she is in extreme pain. Furthermore, the front and back areas are a large part of a theme of opposites. The tutorial level Guidance Gate and the aptly-named Confusion Gate. The Mausoleum of the Giants, recording and honoring each member of the dead race and filled with statues of how they looked while alive, stands in contrast to the Graveyard of the Giants, showing the cold reality that no matter who you were when alive, you are little more than a lump of organic materials once you die. There is, of course, the male Temple of the Sun and the female Temple of Moonlight, and the Chambers of Extinction and Birth. But this runs deeper, as the Mother has an opposite as well: ''you''. She is Birth, and you are Death. She created races to let her get home, and you are a member of the race that never knew her wish. She is the idealistic hope that she can go home, and you are the grim reality that this is impossible.
* Shorn put a LOT of effort into making sure Lemeza would be the one chosen by the philosophers. How much effort, you may ask? He made it all the way to the core of the ruins, which means he solved every single puzzle there was to solve...and then put them all back in place for Lemeza to prove his worth! He had to have solved them, or his final message on his laptop wouldn't be in the chamber of the Mother, and it is even possible that the 'unsolveable puzzle' that was left in the Twin Labrynth was MADE SOLVABLE BY HIM, just so that Lemeza could beat it too. Before you praise him for being father-of-the-year, remember he was also waiting there so he could snatch the treasure after Lemeza retrieved it from the ruins. He did all of this just so he could outdo his son in the end.
** In the remake, there may be a reason that Shorn [[spoiler: steals the treasure at the end]]; Lemeza steals the Feather item earlier, and Xelpud tells him he will pay one day. In a sense, then, [[spoiler: the ending of the game is LaserGuidedKarma]] for Lemeza.
[[folder: Fridge Horror ]]
* The [[spoiler: skimpy swimsuit]] was originally meant for [[spoiler: Mulbruk.]] What's wrong with this? [[spoiler: Her father made it.]]
[[folder: Fridge Logic ]]
* Through some SequenceBreaking, you can acquire the Ice Cape before the Scalesphere. This results in Lemeza being able to swim through lava just fine, but not through ''water''.
* So, wait, if Shorn knew Xelpud well enough that he brought Lemeza along on a visit to him when Lemeza was too little to remember it, why did it take him so long to find La-Mulana?
** Naramura was actually [[http://youtu.be/nxIEPo5L1eM?t=55m45s asked this one]] during the end-of-Kickstarter celebration stream. [[ShrugOfGod He said he doesn't remember writing that.]]
** Probably a case of YouDidntAsk on Xelpud's part.