* Christina being unable to deal with Burke being shot makes a lot more sense after we learn that her father died in a car accident right in front of her when she was nine. However, she manages to overcome this, and [[spoiler: fares much better when Owen is shot]].
* April gets pregnant pretty quickly after getting married. This is likely because of her strong christian faith: she doesn't use much contraception.
* Why don't many of the characters name their kids after the people who have died? [[spoiler: Jackson probably didn't want to name his soon-to-die son after his dead mentor, Mark, and Meredith's pregnancy paranoia meant she probably didn't want to name her son after someone dead, and Derek's sisters probably already named a child after Derek's dad. Also, considering how everyone had sexual relations with each other naming them after others probably make it awkward anyway]]
* Amelia is seen to be on edge when April and Jackson's [[spoiler: baby turns out to have an illness meaning he'll die a few minutes after birth]]. Why? In Private Practice she had a similarly painful storyline and is reliving the experience. As she tells Owen at the end: [[spoiler: "My baby lived for 43 minutes"]]
* Owen's description of his perfect woman: Passionate about her work, doesn't care to cook or get out of bed if it's not a work day, sleeps soundly and peacefully, has suffered and understands suffering to the point that she accepts who he is and how he feels and doesn't want to change it. All of these describe Cristina (which is probably why he intentionally left out "someone who wants kids"). They also perfectly describe [[spoiler: Amelia Shepherd, his future love interest who does eventually want a family]].
* Jackson is constantly embarrassed by his mother. One possible reason: imagine being a young boy whose mother is a famous urologist (one of her main specialities is as a penis doctor).
* Episode "If/Then" (the alternate universe episode) has a lot of them.
** Charlie [[spoiler:who had been previously shot]] says at one point [[spoiler:"Shoot me!"]]
** Bailey in braids: a call back to an earlier episode where she was shown as a meek intern known as Mandy wearing cornrow braids.
** Why would Kepner and Mer be friends? Mer hates her... oh, wait, Mer hates her because [[spoiler:Kepner had a crush on Mer's husband, Derek]] in the real world. In this alternate universe [[spoiler:Mer and Derek never got together, so Mer never hated Kepner for having a crush on her husband]].
** Callie thinks that Owen is Skyping with a MAN named Teddy. Hooray for ColorblindCasting and GenderNeutralWriting.
** The "I'm just a girl in a bar" dialogue between Meredith and Derek is the same conversation they had in their first meeting.
** The music has been used in previous episodes. "You Wouldn't Like Me If You Met Me" by Tegan and Sara was used in S1 E2; "Fools in Love" by Inara George was used in S2 E3; "Into the Fire" by Thirteen Senses was used in S1 E1; "Portions for Foxes" by Rilo Kiley was used in S1 E1; "Ruby Blue" by Roisin Murphy was used in S2 E3.
** Karev says "I always say never mess with the crazy chicks," which is ironic because he was involved with Rebecca [[spoiler:who went crazy and had to be committed]] and right after, he says "she's probably gonna go full-on Izzie," referring to the only other serious relationship he ever had on the show.
** Cristina and Meredith have the "We don't have to do the thing where..." dialogue previously used in a few episodes, originating in S1 E1.
** Why would Karev date Meredith and act like a good guy despite his backstory ? Because he knows that Meredith is the chief's daughter and could get favor by taking her last name.
* "You have apple hair. I threw a pancake in the river! The River!" It seems funny at first. Until it's not.