[[folder: Fridge Brilliance ]]
* According to [[http://www.cracked.com/article_18585_the-7-most-wtf-origins-iconic-pop-culture-franchises_p2.html?wa_user1=4&wa_user2=Weird+World&wa_user3=article&wa_user4=recommended Cracked]], Gilligan's Island is based on the 7 Deadly sins... That means it actually makes sense:
** Pride = Professor, Sloth = Gilligan, Lust = Ginger, Greed = Mr. Howell, Gluttony = Mrs. Howell, Wrath = Skipper, and Envy = Mary Anne.
* The Season 2 episode ''Nyet Nyet--Not Yet!'' brings in some rare FridgeBrilliance to the series. The cosmonauts were more than willing to rescue the castaways, who would have remained prisoners of the Soviet Union (tropical island or Siberian ''gulag''--where would ''you'' rather be stranded?) In any case, if the Soviets had rescued the castaways, they would have also had to admit that their space capsule landed far off course. Even if the cosmonauts (or the people they reported to) had the purest of motives, a rescue would not have happened for political reasons.
* Why is the island called Gilligan's Island? In an early Season 1 episode, the castaways hold an election and elect Gilligan President of the island.
* If the Professor can do so much with BambooTechnology, why not just build or repair the the boat? Because they're on an ''uncharted'' desert island. Since they don't know where they are, they could get themselves killed by sailing off with no direction. A commonly taught rule is if you're lost, then you stay where you are until help arrives.
[[folder: Fridge Logic ]]
* Why would all of them bring bags full of their personal belongings and all of their outfits for a third-rate three hour tour on a tugboat?
** One possible answer: the ''three-''hour tour doubled as a one-way ferry run between islands, and you brought your luggage because you'd need it at your destination. For a round-trip (which you wouldn't take your luggage on), you took the ''six''-hour tour!
[[folder: Fridge Horror ]]
* What would have happened if any of Ginger's attempts at seduction had worked? Or worse, if either Ginger or Mary-Anne had sex with anyone and got pregnant? Somehow, the idea of trying to raise a child on the island(let alone trying to give birth when they had essentially no medical tools and probably combined limited medical knowledge)...
** Not that much of a problem. The professor could've made a maternity ward out of bamboo and sand.
** And let's be honest, lots of women give birth every day outside of a modern medical facility without any fancy medical tools or training -- the species would not have survived otherwise.
** I think the real horror here is that a baby is being raised on an island that has been visited by gangsters, cannibals, Japenese soildiers, and far worse.