* Rider calls herself evil, [[EvilIsHammy talks the part]], yet she doesn't do anything terribly evil. It seems strange... Then you have to remember one thing: she is a ''pirate''. As in the [[RuthlessModernPirates murderous thieves]] that earned the name of "[[NamesToRunAwayFromReallyFast Enemies of the Human Race]]", and comes from the era where pirates earned that name. ''Of course'' she calls herself evil: to people of her time (especially Spaniards) she is the ultimate evil (even if she was a corsair acting on Elizabeth I's order), she's just being GenreSavvy about it.
** The Japanese version implies she's actually Elizabeth in disguise, so it's also possible this is just her screwing around and having fun by playing up the "Evil Pirate" image.
* Shinji's rude behavior makes the reveal that he's a small child seem like an AssPull, but he probably lied or hacked his way into competitive [=MMOs=] where trash-talking, cheating, bullying, cybersex, dramatic posturing, and trolling are commonplace, thought that was how all big kids act since that was what he saw, and started acting the same to fit in with them.
* The game features a Saber who looks a lot like [[VisualNovel/FateStayNight Arturia]]. The true identity of both Sabers were individuals who had legends that involved them [[BackFromTheDead returning from the dead]].
* Fox!Caster's Matrix is a bit of a GuideDangIt the first time around, however unlocking it can be chalked up to ''one'' question she asks about genocide in the fourth week. [[spoiler:The best answer is to note that it is an always punishable act; if you call it unforgivable then, as someone who killed ''80,000'' people as the Stone of Nasu, she will understandably not want to talk about it.]]
* The bonus boss, [[spoiler:Shiki Ryougi, could have easily broken out of the Moon Cell at any time by killing it and very likely taking everyone inside with it. Why did she decide to fight 100 Servants instead? Because, for her, the only time she feels alive is in a fight to the death. ''She was taking that option for fun!'']]
* CCC has one that's a case of a accidental FridgeBrilliance. Yes Karna's Noble Phantasm risks oneshotting Caster is a gameplay result as she is a case of being a GlassCannon. However, there is another and perhaps accidental reason:[[spoiler:Karna's noble phantasm is a Anti-God noble phantasm. What is Caster's identity? Tamamo-no-Mae, A GODDESS!]]
* Gilgamesh's Secret Garden reveals that [[spoiler:Enkidu was able to fight him to a stalemate by creating clay copies of each and every one of Gilgamesh's weapons to counter them]]. In the Unlimited Blade Works route of ''Fate/stay night'', [[spoiler:Shirou defeated Gilgamesh in the same way, by projecting all of his weapons at a faster rate.]] This could be another reason why Gilgamesh was angered by [[spoiler:the fact that he was losing to a faker; not only was his opponent inadvertently copying that strategy that his greatest friend used in the fight that actually caused them to become friends, but in a way Shirou was ''surpassing'' Enkidu by avoiding a stalemate and actually putting Gilgamesh within striking range of his blades.]] He'd have good reason to be offended.