* Why do some characters who had nothing to do with The Three Kingdoms (Diao Chan, Yuan Shao, etc.) have "I am a true warrior of the Three Kingdoms" as a 1000 kills quote?
** In the Japanese version, they'd outright declare themselves the "Sangoku Musou", or Peerless of the Three Kingdoms, in a sort of TitleDrop way
* ''Dynasty Warriors 4'' shows the incredibly badass moment when Xiahou gets an arrow in the eye and just yanks out the arrow and ''eats'' the eye. But he's ''already'' wearing his eyepatch.
** GameplayAndStorySegregation. It wouldn't be feasible for Koei to develop two versions of each of Xiahou Dun's models and make the model change dependant on whether or not you've done a stage and been at the right place at the right time to see the cutscene.
** In [=DW4=], Xiahou Dun's eyepatch appears to be a headband of sorts. I figured that in that case, he was already wearing the headband, but when he got shot in the eye, he simply slid it down over the empty socket as a makeshift patch.
** Now averted as of ''Dynasty Warriors 7''. One of it's selling points is that character models can now be slightly changed based on events and the time period. Case in point: In all missions before the injury, Xiahou Dun will appear with two eyes.
*** It's a shame that, while he does get a model change after the battle, he's still rendered with both eyes for the rest of the battle, even after he's shot.
**** [[FridgeBrilliance Actually, it would still make sense.]] If you're in the middle of a battle and you've lost an eye, you probably wouldn't have a convenient eyepatch on you to put on just after it, and even if you did, you wouldn't exactly have time to stop and put it on, unless you wanna increase your chances of getting hit by an arrow, or give an enemy soldier enough time to run up to you and kill you.
**** In theory, KOEI could have made a model of Xiahou Dun with an uncovered, bloody eyesocket, but doing so would have most like bumped up their ESRB rating for what would have been little actual benefit.
* The background music of Jin's final stage, "Battle of Chengdu," actually contains a remix of the new opening theme, thus to some extent effectively both opening and concluding the overall story.
* NPC Hu Che Er has a unique model with a facemask that makes him look like a ninja. In history, he is known for stealing Dian Wei's weapon before Zhang Xiu's sneak attack on Cao Cao.
* Cao Cao in DW7 seemed rather colder and more distant than he was in DW6 . This is because in the earlier installment's story line, he didn't have to deal with the loss of Dian Wei or Xiahou Yuan as well as come to terms with his own impending illness.
* It's actually logical that the Wei kingdom is referred to as Jin after the Sima clan takes over. That goes in the same vein with the separate parts of the Han Empire being referred to as Wu, Shu and Wei while said Empire was still formally alive -- in both cases the nominal Emperor simply has no control over its subjects anymore, and therefore they are already more or less their own rulers, and should be referred to as such.
* In Dynasty Warriors 6, Cao Cao is seen playing Go against Xiahou Dun during several cutscenes. It's eventually revealed that Cao Cao wanted to create a world where a person was judged by his abilities, not by his heritage. In Go, the pieces have no inherent value. They only have worth once they've been placed on the board, depending on their placement and relationship with other pieces.
* In the Empires series, I could never quite understand why, unless you use a tactic, you always start at a severe disadvantage in bases. Then, I realized; When invading, you would normally start with the first couple of bases you take, right? But, when defending, by the games invasion rules,'' you aren't allowed to appear ''until the enemy has taken most of your bases!
* Another one I just realized that applies to 5: The reason everyone else seems so inconpetent is that you're the commander. Even in joint battles, you issue direct orders to everyone else on the battlefield. It's just AuthorityEqualsAsskicking combined with ConservationOfNinjutsu.