[[folder: Fridge Brilliance ]]
* Why does Snow Black not seem to have any problem with hooking up with Haruyuki despite his physical appearance? It's because of the fact that [[OlderThanTheyLook she's older than she looks]] thanks to [[YearInsideHourOutside Brain Burst]], so she's developed past the point where she judges people based on looks or cares about what others think of her taste in romantic partners.
** [[FanDumb Not that a lot people would actually understand that...]]
* Why does Brain Burst require it's user to have worn a Neurolinker since birth? Because thats the only way it would be able to delete all the memories related to Brain Burst when it uninstalls itself. It makes sense that the Neurolinker is only able to tamper with memories that it was present for the creation of.
[[folder: Fridge Horror ]]
* More than the Neurolinker itself, ''what'' could happen if it were misused.
** The Neurolinker can effectively hack sight, hearing, touch, smell, taste and time perception. This only can happen while the Neurolinker is connected to the brain, but...
** ...they are ubiquitous, to the point that even ID checking, or photographies transfer, is done via Neurolinker. At least in daily life, people use them constantly, and rarely put them off or remove them.
** One of them is explicitly noted in the Light Novel, volume 3, chapter 6. [[spoiler:After Haruyuki's augmented vision is hacked via a virus-infected picture, he notes that he could have perfectly been killed that way, if the hacker decided to make him misread the traffic lights.]]
** And then there was the backdoor program that was installed in Chiyu's Neurolinker, which could allow the intruder to not only route his network connection through it, ''but to see and hear everything Chiyu does''.
** Short after Haruyuki meets Aqua Current, it's shown that the NL can [[spoiler:selectively delete memories, presumably permanently]]. Also, in the first chapters it's shown it can read and interpret the fears and obsessions of its owner, so it should be possible to [[spoiler:read any memory and release it to the global net, including passwords, pincodes, and criminal evidence]].
** It's suspected, with [[spoiler: the Chrome Disaster incident]], that it can [[spoiler:alter the personality of its owner.]]
** With all that said, simply removing the Neurolinker to never put it on again buffers you against all those dangers. The trouble is if you have been using it practically since birth.
*** This is probably why the predecessor, Brain Chip, is illegal. At the very least you can remove and switch off a Neurolinker. And both Kuroyukihime and Noumi shows that you can limit your Neurolinker's exposure to the outside world if you're very careful. (Noumi's case might be a bad example, [[spoiler: as he only needs his Neurolinker/Brain Chip when he requires Brain Burst, and can use the other to function normally in the Neurolinked society]])
*** Even then, literally almost all of society is based around Neurolinker interaction, from school curriculum to bank transactions to even ''unlocking the door to your own house''. Operating without a Neurolinker would be the equivalent of being physically handicapped.
** Based on Chiyu's reaction in episode 14 when [[spoiler:Seiji sadistically demands that she become his pet]] and earlier remarks that a direct NL-to-NL cable connection is regarded as lovers-level of intimate, it is completely possible to commit ''cyber-rape'' through an NL.
* Each linker's avatar, being born their fears and traumas, brings with it a whole host of fridge horror, some of which has been addressed in the series, but many have not, such as:
** Black Lotus is impossible to grab or restrain. Just [[AbusiveParents what]] could have happened to her that would make her produce such an avatar?
** Yellow Radio is a Jester, who can cast illusions that make his injuries into fakes. In real life this would imply he's something of a SadClown, or even a StepfordSmiler. Even his avatar has a perpetual Theater Mask grin to it.
** Crimson Kingbolt's ability is to take shattered and destroyed things and bring them all together into a single, stronger whole again. ''He comes from a broken home'', one that apparently fell apart after he became a burst linker. [[DysfunctionJunction What must that home life have been like]], to instill him with such a desire?
** Blood Leopard's special is to become an actual leopard, which she uses to brutally rip out people's throats and tear at their limbs. In addition she speaks in internet text shorthand and is rather socially inept, clear markers of a sociopath and someone who saw herself as a wild animal, not a human. Tellingly, she's the only linker so far whose "normal" avatar matches almost exactly to their Burst Avatar, both being Blood Red Leopards.
** Sky Raker was a girl without legs who could walk thanks to science, yet her avatar was intact and designed for a part of the world that didn't even exist yet. Even though she could pass as normal, her missing limbs clearly affected how alienated she felt from the rest of the world.
** Black Vise can move through shadows and cut people off figuratively and literally from the outside world with his Static Pressure ability. In addition to this he can produce defensive layers to shield himself, and is clearly extremely intelligent and polite. [[IntelligenceEqualsIsolation Is he lonely because of his smarts?]] So lonely [[GoMadFromTheIsolation that he'd install a dangerous and illegal chip in his brain?]]
** Rust Jigsaw is pretty self explanatory...he's a slasher film incarnate, capable of setting up razor wire traps and throwing circular saws capable of bisecting buildings at people. What horror could have produced someone [[SerialKiller like that?]]
** Green Grandee is functionally invulnerable...perhaps because [[HilariouslyAbusiveChildhood he was frequently beaten]] or otherwise injured, that would cause his avatar to manifest an absolute defense.
* Chrome Falcon used incarnate to produce the Chrome Disaster armor because of his anguish over the loss of his love. Now remember that all 7 kings know how to use incarnate, and none of them want to lose brain burst. So great is their desire not to lose acceleration that they've established a meta peace treaty outside the basic limits of the game itself. Now imagine [[OhCrap what would happen if they were defeated while overwhelmed by their desire to endure]]. Each king is basically another Chrome Disaster waiting to happen.