In the movie ''Wedlock'' (which, confusingly enough, was once released as "''Deadlock''"), Frank Warren (played by Creator/RutgerHauer) is a [[GadgeteerGenius whiz with electronics]]. He teams up with his fiancee Noelle, something of a ManicPixieDreamGirl, and a buddy of his, Sam, in order to rob a vault of jewels.
Unfortunately, they get busted, and in the process of getting away from the cops, Frank ends up (rather involuntarily) taking the fall so Sam and Noelle can escape jail time. Frank goes to a new kind of prison: all prisoners wear special necklaces, keyed to explode if they ever get more than 100 yards from each other. Only, it so happens the system can be subverted. Enter an annoying fellow prisoner, Tracy Riggs, and a rather nasty badass prisoner, "Emerald", who effectively runs things.
!!This film provides examples of:
* CaliforniaDoubling: The Camp Holliday prison is The House of the Book performance hall and library building at the American Jewish University, Brandeis-Bardin Campus in Simi Valley, California.
* ExplosiveLeash: The titular "wedlock" (or "deadlock").
* FaceHeelTurn: [[spoiler:Noelle]], who is apparently ready to drop anyone the moment they become inconvenient.
* HeelFaceTurn: [[spoiler:Tracy]].
* HoistByHisOwnPetard: The warden [[spoiler:gets blown up by the same explosive he used to keep the prisoners in jail.]] Keep in mind he was trying to play a LongGame by waiting Frank out until he confessed to where the jewels had been stashed, so Frank had a reason to set him up in this way.
* LaserGuidedKarma: In regard to the previous trope, Noelle [[spoiler:gets blown up by the other "wedlock" explosive, as the warden's own system keys ''both'' explosives to go off if the sensor for ''one'' of them goes off.]]
* PrisonRape: The warden rather unsubtly reminds Frank of where he ''could'' have ended up.
* TheMole: [[spoiler:Teal]]. Depending on how you look at it, [[spoiler:maybe Tracy as well.]]
* TrickedIntoEscaping: The central "escape" is [[spoiler:actually planned by the warden, since one of the escapees will lead him to a stash of loot.]]
* TwentyMinutesIntoTheFuture: For all that the movie is set in some unspecified future time, the relatively low budget means that the movie unavoidably has quite the '80s feel to it.
* WireDilemma: Frank has to disarm his own necklace explosive [[spoiler:with a hand mirror and talking his wedlock "partner", Tracy, through the disarming steps.]]
* YouHaveOutlivedYourUsefulness: [[spoiler:Sam]] gets this from [[spoiler:Noelle]].