[[http://www.imdb.com/title/tt1027762/ A 2007]] [[OurZombiesAreDifferent Zombie]] film unique in that it takes the point of view of the Zombies. A lone motorcyclist intercepts a military transport shipping toxic materials, causing a car wreck which results in a lone keg getting to a bowling alley and mistaken for beer. Mike uses the "beer" to make alcoholic soft-serve ice cream, and shares it with ex girlfriend Vanessa, fellow bowling alley employee Tim and his girlfriend Cindy. They all pass out, and wake up only to discover everyone else is speaking in a fast high pitch and has gone homicidally insane. Also, brains are ridiculously delicious, and drunk people are not hostile and can be understood.
The film deals with the quartet trying to survive a world gone mad against them, and the army trying desperately to kill them all.
!!This film provides examples of:
* BodyHorror: Chunks of them fall off, even when they see themselves as essentially human, much to their confusion.
* ByTheEyesOfTheBlind: Or rather, the drunk.
* CrazySurvivalist: Cindy's parents, who shoot at Tim and Cindy when they go so Tim can ask them to let them date.
* DeliberatelyMonochrome: The "real world" is in black and white, but "zombie vision" is in full color. This helps distinguish what the main cast are seeing and what the humans do.
-->'''Tim:''' [[SplashOfColor Does it look green?]]
-->'''Mike:''' It's just the light.
* DetachmentCombat: Despite being severed, Mike's hand still obeys his commands.
* EmergencyTransformation: With a big chunk of pragmatism. After running out of booze and being forced to kill a bowling hall full of sober people after they attack the main cast, they decide to reuse the alcoholic/toxic waste soft serve ice cream to make more zombies to help them overpower the army and escape the city.
* GranolaGirl: Cindy, which makes her HorrorHunger really shocking to her.
* HeroicSacrifice: [[spoiler:Nick and Mike]].
** [[spoiler:THOUGH apparently Nick]] was captured by the army, so it crosses over into StrappedToAnOperatingTable and TheyWouldCutYouUp. And this is ''after'' the army figures out how to communicate with him and know he's fundamentally still a person.
* HorrorHunger: They're hungry for living flesh, but aren't crippled by it and go most of the movie without obsessing over it. Brains still taste good though.
* JustAFleshWound: What zombies think about most wounds, including having a steering handle in the chest.
* LosingYourHead: Mike.
* NotAZombie: Inverted, the zombies don't see themselves as such, and think everyone ''else'' is psychotic.
* RunForTheBorder: Just substitute Mexico with "toxic waste dump". Mike cooks up a plan to flee to "Zombie Paradise", a toxic waste valley where no human will ever venture and they can live in peace.
* SlidingScaleOfUndeadRegeneration: They're stuck at a somewhat stable type 1, they decay and can't heal, but so long as the head is intact...
* SlidingScaleOfComedyAndHorror: Pretty much in the comedy end of things.
* SplashOfColor: The toxic waste looks an evil green even in the black and white real world.
* SuperSoldier: The toxic materials was originally meant to be a super soldier type serum, but it went [[GoneHorriblyWrong Horribly Wrong]].
* SuperStrength: The zombies, especially women zombies, who seem to [[TookALevelInBadass take a level in Badass]] post change.
* SympatheticPOV: Pretty much the point of the movie; it paints zombies as misunderstood humans who are unduly on the receiving end of fear and hostility.
* TaintedVeins: Happens to the army volunteer during the intro, once he's injected with the zombie serum.
* VanHelsingHateCrimes: Zombies are still the same people they always were, and don't really suffer from HorrorHunger leading them to kill.
** Then again, it may just be that ''only'' the zombies made by eating the toxic waste soft-serve ice cream are sane. The army private who volunteers at the beginning pretty much does go psycho, as do a lot of zombies seen in the background.
* WeirdnessCensor: The quartet see themselves as human, instead of slowly decaying corpses.
* ZombieApocalypse: What the army is afraid the spilled toxic waste will cause. It does appear to have gotten people infected other than the main cast, and they get re-killed.
* ZombieInfectee: PlayedForLaughs by pairing it with WeirdnessCensor, the main cast have no clue they're zombies so don't engage in classic denial. Once they ''do'' figure it out, they cope fairly quickly.