A [[EverythingsBetterWithDinosaurs Dinosaur]] film from 1948. The first post-war Dinosaur movie and first one made in color. The story concerns an expedition to the titular island. An Adventure-seeker and his fiancee (who finances the expedition) to an uncharted South Pacific island.
The adventurer spotted the island during the war and took a photograph of a dinosaur. Wanting to go back, he hires a captain who locates the only person to visit the island and get off of it alive.
When they get there, they find dinosaurs and other prehistoric monsters.
Well known for its SpecialEffectsFailure.
!!! This film shows the examples of:
* BringItBackAlive: the goal of the expidition, aside from getting photographs of the dinosaurs.
* FightSceneFailure: The fight between the Sloth and Ceratosaurus.
* LostWorld: The titular Island.
* PeopleInRubberSuits: The Ceratosaurs.
* StockDinosaurs: Ceratosaurus, "Brotnosaurus", Dimetrodon and a Giant Ground Sloth (which is solely carnivorous for some reason).
* ThrowItIn: When a horde of Ceratosaurs descend upon the heroes, who are throwing grenades at them, a little mistake made it in. Because they were filming in mid day in the desert with heavy rubber suits on. An explosion went off near one actor, who then promptly fainted from the heat. They kept it in the scene.