''Two Mules for Sister Sara'' is an American-Mexican western film starring Creator/ShirleyMacLaine and Creator/ClintEastwood set during the French intervention in Mexico. The film was released in 1970 and directed by Don Siegel.
A drifter named Hogan spots and saves a naked woman from being gang-raped by several bandits whom he shoots and kills. He later learns that the woman, Sara, is a nun working with a group of Mexican revolutionaries who are fighting the French. When Sara requests that Hogan take her to a Mexican camp, he agrees because he had previously arranged to help the Mexican revolutionaries attack the French garrison in exchange for a portion of the garrison's strongbox if they are successful.
!!''Two Mules for Sister Sara'' contains examples of:
* AnnoyingArrows: Hogan is hit by an arrow in the shoulder and knocked from his horse. The wound causes him great pain and the removal is complicated, with [[Creator/ClintEastwood Clint]] removing the fletching and the rear part of the arrow and the eponymous Sara using the "pushing an arrow through his body" technique, followed by a crude cauterizing.
* AttemptedRape: Hogan saves Sara from being raped by a gang of bandits at the start of the film.
* AutomatonHorses: Averted. Sara rides a horse over rough road for so long its feet end up stone bruised so she can't ride it anymore.
* BadHabits: Sara disguises herself as a nun to escape the French.
* CigarFuseLighting: Hogan does this during the battle at the Mexican fortress.
* HiredGuns: Before his CharacterDevelopment, Hogan is a mercenary who is OnlyInItForTheMoney when it comes to his task of blowing up a French supply train.
* NaughtyNuns: Sister Sara is a whiskey drinking, cigar smoking nun [[spoiler:Who it turns out belongs to the other kind of Nunnery (ie: the best damn Cathouse in town)]].
* NunTooHoly: Sara is a drinks whiskey, smokes cigar and is fighting alongside a band of Mexican revolutionaries. [[spoiler:And is not really a nun.]]