[[caption-width-right:230:"We choose to live like free people."]]
-> ''sometimes it's nice just to destroy shit''
An independent film, directed by Creator/HarmonyKorine, tells the story of the title characters, four elderly hooligans who live up to their names, and the urban CrapsackWorld they inhabit.
Senseless destruction, casual murder, abuse, and so much more are simply par for the course.
!!This film provides examples of:
* AudienceAlienatingPremise: Invoked - according to [[WordOfGod Korine himself]], the title dropped the pretenses of other avant-garde films in order to make it clear for those prone to walking out of film showings early.
* BizarreTasteInFood: Pancakes dribbled with dishwashing soap...
* CloudCuckoolander: All the humpers and the people they meet, yes including the little boy at the beginning.
* CrapsackWorld: The entire city, and the populace on the whole, is a total trainwreck.
* CreatorCameo: Harmony Korine is the man in the confederate shirt holding the camera.
* CreepyChild: Complete with rather menacing EvilLaugh.
** [[MadnessMantra "I TOLD YOU I'D KILL IT!!! I TOLD YOU I'D KEEL IT!!!]]
* CrowdChant: "Make it! Make it! Don't fake it!"
* DarkerAndEdgier: Somehow outdoes his entire previous filmography in this regard..
* DreadfulMusician: The OST is done by the cast themselves, and many of them are absolute hacks.
* ExactlyWhatItSaysOnTheTin: Harmony wanted audiences to know exactly what they were in for.
* FanService[=/=]FanDisservice: The scene wherein the Trash Humpers hire some hookers alternates between the two.
* TheHyena: Most of the characters, but especially the boy in the suit and the Humper played by Korine himself, both of whom's laughter [[EvilLaugh tends to stick in the memory]].
* HollywoodToneDeaf: While the woman humper isn't exactly a bad singer, she's not a good one either.
* ManChild: The Trash Humpers.
* NoodleIncident: The film cuts out at one point, and cuts back to a (badly degraded) recording of children's shoes in a massive puddle of blood--the next scene is of the Trash Humpers waking up hung over.
* SliceOfLife: For the most part, this is cut in a series of vignettes.
* [[SharpDressedMan Sharp Dressed Boy]]: Aforementioned CreepyChild.
* ShirtlessScene: Some shots were from the men the humpers meet, including the trumpeter and the acoustic guitarist.
* SignatureStyle: Just in case you thought Korine had gone soft with ''Film/MisterLonely'', the Squick, GrotesqueGallery and CrapsackWorld traits that Korine's films are known for coming roaring back with a vengeance.
* StylisticSuck: The film is very obviously shot on a VHS format, as evident by the interference and brief moment of '''AUTO TRACKING'''.
* TheSmurfettePrinciple: There's only one female humper out of the four. Notably, she's played by Harmony Korine's wife.
* WholesomeCrossdresser: The admirer of the humpers, wearing a French maid outfit.
* WorldOfCardboardSpeech: A few.