A 2009 Canadian film starring Creator/JayBaruchel as Leon Bronstein, a high schooler who believes he is the reincarnation of Leon Trotsky-yes, ''that'' LeonTrotsky. After leading a remarkably unsuccessful hunger strike at his wealthy father (played by Creator/SaulRubinek)'s factory, Leon transfers to the local public school and is shocked by the so-called injustices of the administration. He resolves to create a union and leads a ragtag team of students in accomplishing this goal, all while wooing a grad student named Alexandra, whom he believes he is fated to marry.
!!This film provides examples of:
* AbominationAccusationAttack: "Are you going to be my Stalin, Dwight?"
* [[ApatheticCitizens Apathetic Students]]: Leon's biggest challenge is getting the students to come together.
* BewareTheCuteOnes: Leon and the students. While at first their demands seem relatively harmless [[spoiler: they eventually kidnap and take the principal hostage.]]
* ButtMonkey: Everyone hates Dwight. When the students [[spoiler: finally get organized to protest the school's administration, one of them is holding a sign that reads: [[ComicallyMissingThePoint "Down with Dwight"]].]]
* CoolLoser: Both of Leon's friends in the student union. Leon himself could qualify but is visibly crazy enough to [[JustifiedTrope justify]] his isolation in the beginning.
* GodwinsLaw: Leon's sharp tongue is featured quite heavily in the movie. He questions why the school administration isn't wearing brown shirts at least once.
** Leon's sister calls their father a Nazi.
* HeIsNotMyBoyfriend: How Alexandra reacts when people (even jokingly) call Leon her boyfriend. Since Leon believes they are fated to marry, her reaction is somewhat unsurprising. [[spoiler:She changes her mind.]]
* HighSchoolDance: The theme is "Social Justice", suggested by Leon. Students dressed as Black Panthers, Maoists, Biblical characters, and characters from ''AnimalFarm'' are seen.
* LaResistance: What Leon wants to start.
* MaybeMagicMaybeMundane: It's never made clear whether or not Leon really is the reincarnation of Trotsky.
* MayDecemberRomance: Leon's relationship with grad student Alexandra.
* RousingSpeech: Many.
* SesquipedalianLoquaciousness: Leon's rants.
* ShiksaGoddess: Leon's mom is not Jewish.
* SoapboxSadie: Leon can appear to be this at first, but later on it becomes clear he honestly cares about the cause.
* StalkerWithACrush: Leon to Alexandra, possibly [[UnfortunateImplications indicating]] StalkingIsLove.
* TakeThat: A girl is kicked out of the above Social Justice Dance for dressing as Creator/AynRand.
-->''"This is a fascist-free zone, Dwight."''
* TrueCompanions: The students fighting for the union and eventually the whole school (excluding, perhaps, Dwight).
* WindmillCrusader: While the principal of the school is a jerk, he's certainly not the evil fascist Leon paints him as. The other students involved in the cause, however, are far more grounded in reality.