''The Tall Man'' is a 2012 English-language French mystery film written and directed by Pascal Laugier, and starring JessicaBiel (also one of the ''twelve'' executive producers credited) and Creator/JodelleFerland. In the small mining town of Cold Rock children are disappearing on a regular basis, and the abductions are blamed on a local legend called "the Tall Man." Jessica Biel plays a nurse whose own son disappears, leading her to seek out the mystery of the Tall Man.
The film is known for bearing some similarities to Franchise/TheSlenderManMythos, with a tall shady figure who gets connected to the strange disappearances of children. That's about as similar as it gets, as the reality is [[TwistEnding much different]].
!!''The Tall Man'' Provides examples of:
* ActorAllusion: Creator/JodelleFerland is yet another CreepyChild [[Film/SilentHill in a horror/suspense film that likes to draw pictures constantly.]]
* AntiVillain: [[spoiler:Julia, her husband and the whole "Tall Man'' organization.]]
* CloudCuckoolander: Everyone in town regards Ms. Johnson as such, since her son was taken long ago and she adamantly believes the mythical Tall Man took him. [[spoiler: [[TheCuckoolanderWasRight Turns out she was right]]]].
* DomesticAbuse: Jenny's mother's boyfriend is constantly drunk, and near the end he hits her.
* HeroicSacrifice: [[spoiler:Julia stays behind and gets arrested, telling the police that the children that were kidnapped and given to "The Tall Man" are all dead and buried in the forest and tunnel network, so she can protect the organization she works for, knowing that she faces a cruel fate in prison.]]
* [[spoiler: TheKindnapper]]: [[spoiler: The "Tall Man" organization doesn't want to hurt the kids, they want to make sure they will be raised in loving families. Julia's husband even says they are "rescuing" the children.]]
* TheReveal: [[spoiler:The Tall Man that is supposedly seen by the townspeople is actually Julia's [[NotQuiteDead late husband]].]]
* TheVoiceless: Creator/JodelleFerland's character, Jenny, can speak -- she just doesn't.
* WasItReallyWorthIt: [[spoiler:The final scene of Jenny narrating, has her wondering to the audience if leaving her family for a new one was really the right choice in the end.]]
* WhamLine: [[spoiler: David, to Mrs. Johnson: "Mommy!"]]
** [[spoiler:Jenny, as Vera: "I'll be right there!"]]
* WhiteAndGreyMorality: [[spoiler:The whole "Tall Man'' organization is basically a group of [[WellIntentionedExtremist well intentioned extremists]] who kidnap children from abusive and/or impoverished families and relocates them to better off ones to give them a new good life.]]