A scientist experimenting with matter transmission from place to place by means of a laser beam suddenly decides to use himself as a test specimen. But the process goes awry, and one side of his body becomes hideously deformed and instantly lethal to anyone it touches.
Has nothing to do with the [[ProjectedMan Trope.]]
It was featured on [[Recap/MysteryScienceTheater3000S09E01TheProjectedMan this]] episode of ''Series/MysteryScienceTheater3000''.
* ComputerEqualsTapedrive: The computers in the film are large reel-to-reel machines. In order to use the teleporter, one of the scientists needs to 'program a reversal tape.'
* FanService: Sheila, Dr. Steiner's assistant, has to take off her clothes... because her eyes hurt.
-->'''Crow:''' I DECLARE THIS MOVIE SUDDENLY GREAT!
* HeyItsThatGuy: Dr. Steiner is played by Bryant Haliday, who starred in ''Film/DevilDoll'', another MST3K movie, as The Great Vorelli.
* HiddenAgendaVillain: Steiner's superiors at...wherever he works...want to discredit and hinder him because...uh...[[SarcasmMode inventing a revolutionary teleportation device would be of absolutely no benefit to them whatsoever]]?
** They were going to steal his invention and take all of the credit for themselves. That's why he burns the reels his data is held on.
* MuggingTheMonster: A weird variation. Instead of the monstrous Steiner being mugged on purpose, his teleporter accident dumps him near some crooks in the middle of a break-in and he fries them one at a time as they go into the alley in which he's hiding.
* PsychoElectro: Dr. Steiner gains the ability to electrocute people with his hand after the teleporter mishap.
* ThatPoorCat: A stray cat is the first victim of Dr. Steiner's electric mitts.