Dr. Gillen Lane, a self-help guru and Bible Code expert, is hired by [[MostDefinitelyNotAVillain political upstart Stone Alexander]] (Michael York) to help with his campaign. It is then ever-so-subtly revealed to us that Stone is TheAntichrist, looking to bring about the Tribulation and Armageddon.
It was followed by a sequel, ''Megiddo'', in which we learn Stone's origins.
!!This movie contains examples of:
* AllThereInTheScript: While Udo Kier's character in ''Megiddo'' is never named in the movie proper, the credits list him as "The Guardian"
* TheAntichrist: Stone Alexander.
* BrotherChuck: Dominic, Cassandra and Lane, despite aiding Stone at various points in the first movie, are nowhere to be found in the sequel.
** Micheal York has quite a few moments in the sequel:
** Stone is in his palace in Rome, looks to the sky and starts mocking God and claiming there's nothing he can do to stop him. On cue, ''a meteor'' falls from the sky and ''blows up the Colosseum''. How does Stone react to this? By raising his fists above his head and shouting "'''[[BringIt BRING IT ON!]]'''"
** Stone giving a speech to a crowd of Aficans berating them for some reason before [[ForTheEvulz killing them all with lightning:]]
--->'''Stone''': ''I cannot help you because YOU HAVE TURNED YOUR BACKS '''ON ME'''''! '''''OOOOOON MEEEEEEEEEEEE!'''''
* ContinuitySnarl: There are no points of continuity between either movie, save for one scene where Stone kills his father (an event referenced in the first movie, and played out in the second). The timelines don't even gibe--the first movie is quite clearly set in 1998-99, yet the second movie, which didn't get to play with pre-millennial fears, sets the bulk of the story in 2011.
* ConspicuousCGI: When we finally see the devil in ''Megiddo'', it looks like a PS2 character.
* DeusExMachina: God, naturally, does this in both films.
* TheDragon: Dominic in the first film.
* DVDBonusContent: Of the uninteresting variety. The first film comes with your average "Making Of" feature, which told us exactly what the Second Unit does. The second film comes with a speech from Hal Lindsey, some trailers and a bit of info on how they did the [[ConspicuousCGI less interesting effects]]. Why they don't cover the [[VisualEffectsOfAwesome dust hounds the False Prophet summons]] is a mystery.
* EvilTastesGood: That bit in ''Megiddo'' where Stone and David talk about Stone's chances of getting what he wants...
--->'''Stone''': I'll always have a chance in Hell, David.
* TheGeneralsDaughter: In ''Megiddo'', Stone manages to get the approval of his marriage (in addition to not getting kicked out of military school) to Gabriella by her father as a result of the general [[DealWithTheDevil selling his soul]].
* GoshDarnItToHeck: Seeing as these are Christian films, this was to be expected. Gets ''really'' noticeable in ''Megiddo'' once you see R. Lee Ermey, a guy whose [[FullMetalJacket best known role]] was ClusterFBomb incarnate, talking about "blowing smoke up your hind quarters" and the "United BLESSED States of America".
* HearingVoices: It's revealed that Stone hears voices, but the context of the story implies that these are ''real'' voices, and not auditory hallucinations as would occur in mental illness. [[spoiler:After his resurrection]], Stone reveals what appears on the surface to be thought insertion, a delusion where you believe some of your thoughts are not your own but come from the outside, but considering that he was [[spoiler:resurrected after having been ''dead'' with no heartbeat in a room temperature place for quite a while]], the context implies that these actually ''are'' somebody else's thoughts, [[spoiler:namely the devil]]. Of course, Stone [[spoiler::proclaims himself to be God]], but this would be more conceit, [[spoiler:shared with the devil]], than delusion.
* HeyItsThatGuy: Stone is played by Michael York, Dominic is played by MichaelIronside, and Gillen is played by Casper van Dien. The sequel also gives us [[TheTerminator Kyle Reese]] as Stone's kid brother David, [[CommandAndConquerRedAlert Yuri]] as Stone's anonymous sidekick and [[FullMetalJacket Sargent Hartman]] as ''The President Of The United States''.
* JesusTaboo: In ''Megiddo'' [[spoiler:once Stone is defeated by a literal DeusExMachina, we see him being dragged to a pit of fire ]] while repeatedly shouting "NAZARENE!"
* MeaningfulName: The newsreader/talk show host is named Cassandra. However, she is explicitly not TheCassandra.
* MilitarySchool: Young Stone is sent to one in Italy after he tried to burn his baby brother to death.
* MissingMom: Stone's mother died giving birth to younger brother David.
* NiceJobBreakingItHero: ''Megiddo'' has a scene in which a black maid is comforting David when she mentions the Lord taking their mother but giving Stone David as a baby brother. [[spoiler:Soon after, Stone (after having been initially possessed by Satan) then tries to kill David by setting his crib on fire.]]
* RomanceOnTheSet: Casper van Dien and Catherine Oxenberg married after making the first movie.
* TooDumbToLive: In ''Megiddo'', the prepubescent Stone tries to get "revenge" on his infant brother for their mother's DeathByChildbirth by ''lighting his crib on fire''. He is caught by the maid and what does Stone's father do? Sends him to ''military school in Italy!'' Yeah, because ''that's'' the kind of person you want using firearms, right?
* TheOtherDarrin or NamesTheSame: Early in the first film, a character is mentioned by the name "Principessa Gabriella Francini". A different character by that name appears in ''Megiddo''.
* YanksWithTanks: In the sequel Megiddo, the US military sides with David instead of his brother Stone, and fights Armageddon, with ChineseWithChopperSupport and MexicansWithMachineguns.