A monster film from 1957.
A string of disappearances happen on a lake in the middle of a desert. The culprits are revealed to be [[AttackOfTheKillerWhatever giant mollusks]] that start rising up from the depths, and their upcoming numbers threaten the US Navy base nearby, and everything else beyond it.
!!This film has the examples of:
* AutopsySnackTime: After Twillinger questions the coroner about what he has learned from the drained corpses, he offers him and the sheriff a sandwich ("It's nice and cold"). Twillinger declines.
* EyeScream: One of the creatures attack Twillinger and company on their boat, and is driven off after it gets its eye poked out.
* GrievousBottleyHarm: Twillinger tries to get one creature's attention by throwing beakers at it. That fails, so he grabs a fire extinguisher.
* NightSwimEqualsDeath: Two lovers Morty and Jodie go swimming in the moonlight, and they soon disappear beneath the surface.
* RaceAgainstTheClock: Creatures' eggs are discovered in the bottom of the lake, and they all must be destroyed before they hatch.
* TouchOfTheMonster: Posters for the film had variations of scantily clad women in peril at the monsters' claws.