''The Last Lovecraft: Relic of Cthulhu'' is a 2009 indie comic-horror based movie using characters and elements from Creator/HPLovecraft's Franchise/CthulhuMythos. It sees Charlie and Jeff (the last member of the Lovecraft bloodline) get thrown into a battle between two ancient cults; as they must defend an indestructible artefact that will bring doom to the world if it falls into the wrong hands. Along the way they meet up with a nerd that lives with his grandma, a creepy motel owner, a ship captain in the middle of the desert and the main antagonist Starspawn.
It's more comedy than horror and will definitely appeal to fans of campy horror and Lovecraftian lore.
* AbsurdlyIneffectiveBarricade: A thin wooden screen-door in the RV, and it's hilarious.
* ArtShift: When Charlie explains his understanding of the [[CthulhuMythos mythos]] to Jeff, it shifts to an animated sequence explaining C'thulhu's arrival on Earth and his war with the Elder Things.
* CoolVersusAwesome: In the animated sequence, C'thulhu rips off a [[EverythingsBetterWithDinosaurs Triceratops's]] [[OffWithHisHead head]] and uses it to skewer a Shoggoth.
* DisabilityImmunity: Being of the Lovecraft bloodline makes it impossible for Jeff [[spoiler: to lose his sanity]].
* LovecraftCountry: Surprisingly, given the title, averted.
* NerdActionHero: Paul, not only does he save the other two guys (and thus the world) but he also back-flips out of a second story window and runs across the desert with his arms broken.
* SmugSnake: Despite being a telepath with [[AgonyBeam tremendous]] [[PeoplePuppets powers]], Starspawn prefers to fight tooth and claw whenever possible.