%% ZeroContextExample entries are not allowed on wiki pages. All such entries have been commented out. Add context to the entries before uncommenting them.
''The Last Lovecraft: Relic of Cthulhu'' is a 2009 indie comic-horror based movie using characters and elements from Creator/HPLovecraft's Franchise/CthulhuMythos. It sees Charlie and Jeff (the last member of the Lovecraft bloodline) get thrown into a battle between two ancient cults; as they must defend an indestructible artefact that will bring doom to the world if it falls into the wrong hands. Along the way they meet up with a nerd that lives with his grandma, a creepy motel owner, a ship captain in the middle of the desert and the main antagonist Starspawn.
It's more comedy than horror and will definitely appeal to fans of campy horror and Lovecraftian lore.
!! The Film Contains Examples of the following Tropes:
* AbsurdlyIneffectiveBarricade: A thin wooden screen-door in the RV, and it's hilarious.
* ArtShift: When Charlie explains his understanding of the [[CthulhuMythos mythos]] to Jeff, it shifts to an animated sequence explaining C'thulhu's arrival on Earth and his war with the Elder Things.
* CoolVersusAwesome: In the animated sequence, C'thulhu rips off a [[EverythingsBetterWithDinosaurs Triceratops's]] [[OffWithHisHead head]] and uses it to skewer a Shoggoth.
* DisabilityImmunity /InsanityImmunity: Being of the Lovecraft bloodline makes it impossible for Jeff [[spoiler: to lose his sanity]].
%%* LovecraftCountry: Surprisingly, given the title, averted.
* NerdActionHero: Paul, not only does he save the other two guys (and thus the world) but he also back-flips out of a second story window and runs across the desert with his arms broken.
* SmugSnake: Despite being a telepath with [[AgonyBeam tremendous]] [[PeoplePuppets powers]], Starspawn prefers to fight tooth and claw whenever possible.