A 2001 romantic comedy about NapoleonBonaparte. Runs on the premise that he escaped from his imprisonment at Santa Helena.
!!Gas Examples Of:
* BodyDouble: Who refuse to admit he's fake. And later die on the same day as history know Napoleon to have died.
* ForegoneConclusion: We know that history know Napoleon to have died in exile without ever escaping. The beginning of the film even underscore this. So we know from square one that the protagonist will never manage to start his new revolution, or even be accepted as the real Napoleon.
* RagsToRiches: While Napoleon is trying to rebuild his conspiracy, he also have a civilian life to live. Starting over at square one.
* NoMereWindmill: The protagonist is the real Napoleon, but gets mistaken for one of the many lunatics believing themselves to be Napoleon.
* PrinceAndPauper: The emperor and his BodyDouble, switching time for an extended time.
* SurroundedByIdiots: Poor emperor
* WindmillPolitical: The entire premise of the plot is that Napoleon and his followers have a incorrect-bordering-on-delusional belief that the people love their former emperor and would gladly rise up to put him back on the throne.
** Justified in that the ''first'' time Napoleon escaped from exile, that's pretty much exactly what did happen.