[[caption-width-right:300:[[TrailersAlwaysSpoil In this case the poster does.]]]]
[[folder: Ian Stone's To Do List: ]]
[[folder: Wake Up. ]]
[[folder: Go To Work. ]]
[[folder: Die Horribly. ]]
''The Deaths of Ian Stone'' is a 2007 film released as part of the Creator/AfterDarkHorrorfest of that year. It follows Ian Stone, an American living in England, who dies each day... Let me rephrase that. Ian is killed each day in an ever more gruesome fashion and is reborn into a new life. As time goes on he begins to remember his past lives, but this is usually the prelude to his being killed again. In each life, there are familiar faces, few of them friendly except for two girls who seem to like him and a mysterious stranger who gives him warnings. Each time the clocks stop, the Harvesters come and bring death with them.
Creator/StanWinston was a producer and his studio also did design work for the film.
!!This film features examples of:
* AscendedDemon: Gray [[spoiler:and Ian.]]
* BettyAndVeronica: Jenny's the Betty, Medea's the Veronica. [[spoiler:From a Harvester perspective, though, Jenny's actually the "unconventional" choice.]]
* BlackEyesOfEvil: The Harvesters. [[spoiler: When Gray uses his powers to help Ian, his eyes glow white.]]
* BlackSheep: Gray [[spoiler: and Ian]] might be more of a case of MySpeciesDothProtestTooMuch. Either way, it was [[spoiler: ThePowerOfLove]] that caused it.
* BoyMeetsGhoul: [[spoiler:Ian with Jenny, though instead of her learning to accept him, he learns to become more human.]]
* DreamWithinADream: Every single day.
* EmotionEater: The Harvesters feed on fear and pain. [[spoiler:Ian and Gray found something better to feed on. Love. Which led to them leaving the fold.]]
* FromBadToWorse: Every day Ian descends a little lower in status and lifestyle.
* HellBentForLeather: [[spoiler:Medea]], late in the movie.
* HeroicSacrifice: [[spoiler: Gray uses the last of his power to save Ian.]]
* HorrorHunger: Harvesters don't have to kill their victims--Gray gains his nourishment as a PeekABogeyman. However, the fear of the dying is ''powerfully'' addictive.
* HumanoidAbomination: Their nature may be incomprehensible, but the Harvesters look basically human, and to a certain extent they think like humans do.
* HunterOfHisOwnKind: [[spoiler: The Harvesters won't give up trying to kill Ian, but he's prepared to fight back.]]
* IronicNurseryRhyme: "Cross my heart and hope to die" turns out to be relevant to the plot. [[spoiler:Ian did cross Medea's heart. She's making him hope to die. And she later repeats the first line before sticking an ''actual'' needle [[EyeScream in his eye]].]]
* ThePowerOfLove: It changes the nature of Harvesters, granting them the power to kill their own kind [[spoiler: and create life, which comes in handy at the end.]]
* RealityWarper: The Harvesters possess this power. Some of Gray's lines indicate they ''[[PhysicalGod created]]'' TheMultiverse to farm humanity.
* ShapeshifterWeapon: The Harvesters create blades of varying lengths on the ends of their arms. DualWielding optional.
* ShootTheHostage: [[spoiler:How Medea finally dies, and Jenny nearly goes with her.]]
* TomatoInTheMirror: [[spoiler:Might not be a shock, but Ian.]]
* TortureTechnician: [[spoiler:Medea and her [[SinisterShades pair]] of [[BadassLongcoat helpers]] near the end of the film.]]
* VoluntaryShapeshifting: The Harvesters can shift from human to monster or merely [[PartialTransformation transform their body parts]] ([[ShapeshifterWeapon typically for purposes of slicing and dicing]].)
* WomanScorned: [[spoiler:Medea and Ian loved each other once, and the plot of the movie is based in her attempts to snap him out of his newfound love for Jenny, either by [[DeathOfTheHypotenuse killing her]], or by making Ian forget her.]]
* YouHaveNoIdeaWhoYoureDealingWith: Well, technically, Gray says "[[HumanoidAbomination what]]" rather than "who," but the principle is the same.