The ''Castle of Fu Manchu'' (1969) is the fifth and final installment of the Fu Manchu series starring ChristopherLee in the role, known as ''Die Folterkammer des Dr. Fu Man Chu'' in German.
The plot comes off as a James Bond movie, with a diabolical villain planning to freeze the oceans of the world with a special formula. Fu Manchu needs a scientist alive, but as the man is dying from a failing heart, he needs a heart transplant (something very new when this movie was made.) Thus, Fu Manchu kidnaps a doctor and his nurse to ensure his scientist hostage stays alive. As the evil mastermind works on his plans, Interpol and his nemesis Nayland Smith aim to find where he is located and aim to stop him.
For the ''Series/MysteryScienceTheater3000'' episode see ''[[Recap/MysteryScienceTheater3000S03E23TheCastleOfFuManchu here]]''.
!!!This film provides examples of:
* [[DroppedaBridgeonHim Dropped a Bridge on Her]]: Lisa, Rosabla Neri's character.
* DullSurprise: Fu Manchu, in every single shot.
* ForTheEvulz: To prove how serious he is to the doctor and the nurse, he destroys a dam and kills all the workers. Why he has to prove this to them, how he did it, and what importance it has to anything except to prove he's evil is a total mystery.
* HyperAwareness: Nayland Smith immediately knows the doctor has been kidnapped, simply because the doctor left a cigar burning on a nice table; he deducts this literally less than a minute after the doctor was kidnapped.
* MovieMakingMess: Several scenes are flat-out misprinted, either too dark to see or miscolored. And then there's the infamous zoom-in shot where the lighting covers up the visible part of the actor's face.
* YouHaveOutlivedYourUsefulness: Fu was very quick to kill off allies the moment they became extraneous.