''The Baby'' is a 1973 B-movie directed by Ted Post. The film is usually classified "Horror", but it is actually more a psychological drama.
Ann Gentry (Anjanette Comer) is a social worker whose husband has recently been injured in an accident. She gets assigned to the Wadsworth family which consists of Mrs. Wadsworth (Ruth Roman), her two adult daughters Germaine (Marianna Hill) and Alba (Suzanne Zenor), and "Baby" (David Manzy), [[ManChild a grown man who acts and is treated like a baby]]. Ann takes on the case because she thinks the Wadsworths have been mistreating Baby, but there is also another reason she is interested in him.
!! This film provides examples of:
* AlphaBitch: Baby's mother and sisters
* BewareTheNiceOnes: Ann
* CoversAlwaysLie: At first, you'd think this movie was about a giant killer baby.
* CruelAndUnusualDeath: Mrs. Wadsworth [[spoiler:breaks her legs than is BuriedAlive next to her recently killed daughters]]
* DarkSecret [[spoiler:Ann's husband is also a "baby" (he became brain damaged from the car crash)]]
* DisappearedDad: All the Wadsworth kids were fathered by different men.
* DisposingOfABody: [[spoiler:Mrs. Wadsworth and her daughters are buried in the Gentrys' back yard and a pool is built ontop of them!]]
* DoesNotLikeMen: Mrs. Wadsworth and her daughters
* EvilMatriarch: Mrs. Wadsworth
* FalseWidow: [[spoiler: Ann, at first we assume he is dead, but it turns out that he's just brain damaged]]
* GirlishPigtails: Alba
* MamaBear: Mrs. Wadsworth, Ann, and [[spoiler:Ann's mother-in-law]]
* MindScrew: It's a pretty serious work, aside from the "baby" part.
* ManChild: Baby
* SuprisinglyHappyEnding: [[spoiler: Ann, Ann's mother-in-law, and the two "babies" (Baby and Ann's husband) are all happily playing in their new pool, which was built of the dead bodies of Baby's old family!]]
* YoureInsane: [[spoiler:Ann and her mother-in-law got nothing on the Wadsworths]]