%% ZeroContextExample entries are not allowed on wiki pages. All such entries have been commented out. Add context to the entries before uncommenting them.
''The Alzheimer Case'' (aka ''The Alzheimer Affair'', ''The Memory of a Killer'', and ''De Zaak Alzheimer'') is a film based upon the novel ''De Zaak Alzheimer'' by Jef Geeraerts.
Angelo Ledda, a former hitman for organized crime, agrees to one last killing, despite his recently developed Alzeimher's disease. Upon killing the first victim, he learns that his second victim is twelve year old prostitute Bieke. Ledda refuses to kill her, and his employer then arranges to have Ledda killed. But Ledda outwits his would-be assassin and starts to hunt down those who hired him to kill Bieke. Parallel to this, the police, lead by detectives Vincke and Verstuyft, are running their own investigation, as bodies pile up and powerful men attempt to conceal their connection to child prostitution.
!! This work provides examples of:
* AbusiveParents: [[spoiler: Angelo Ledda and his brother were physically and sexually abused by their father. This seems to fuel Ledda's anger against those who conspired to murder Bieke, who was a child prostitute pimped out by her father. ]]
%%* AssholeVictim: Several of these.
* BadassGrandpa: Ledda is a hitman who is still performing kills in his old age. The fact that he's developed Alzheimer's disease and is suffering occasional memory loss means that he wants to do OneLastJob before retiring.
* BilingualBackfire: Vincke and Verstuyft, using Dutch, agree that main character Ledda (who they think only understands French) looks like "he's spent two years lying face-down on the rail tracks." Ledda later bids them farewell with a deadpan: "I'm going to spend two more years lying face-down on the rail tracks."
%%* CriminalMindGames: Ledda plays these with Vincke.
* EvilOverlooker: The hitman Ledda is portrayed this way on the movie posters, with the cops in the foreground.
* EvenEvilHasStandards: Ledda declards to Seynaeve that he will not kill Bieke because she is a child. He also states that "no one will do it". [[spoiler: Unfortunately he is wrong.]]
* HeelFaceTurn: Averted. Ledda justifies the murders he commit in the course of the story because of his victims' involvement in child prostitution and subsequent conspiracy to cover their tracks. He does not appear remorseful over any other murders he has committed.
%%* HitmanWithAHeart: Ledda
%%* MagnificentBastard: Angelo Ledda.
%%* OneLastJob: What kickstarts the plot.
* ScatterbrainedSenior: Ledda is starting to have memory loss, and it isn't getting any better.
* PayEvilUntoEvil: Ledda's justification for his actions.