'''''That Darn Cat!''''' is a 1965 WaltDisney Productions film starring Hayley Mills and Dean Jones in a story about [[ArsonMurderAndJaywalking bank robbers, kidnapping and a mischievous cat]]. It was based on the book ''Undercover Cat'' by Gordon and Mildred Gordon and was directed by Robert Stevenson. The title song was written by the Sherman Brothers and sung by Bobby Darin. ''That Darn Cat!'' was the last of six films Hayley Mills made for the Disney Studios. The 1997 remake featured a cameo appearance by Dean Jones. The remake's main star was Creator/ChristinaRicci.
While out one night, "That Darn Cat", or "DC", a Siamese cat, follows a bank robber to an apartment where he and his partner are holding a bank employee hostage. The hostage writes "HELP" on her watch and gives the watch to DC, and the next day, Patti, his owner, finds it and calls the FBI. HilarityEnsues.
* AwfulWeddedLife: The [=MacDougalls=].
* ChaseScene: Several. There's one when the FBI agents first try to follow DC, which ends with them storming Patti and Ingrid's house, one at the DriveInTheater, which ends with DC disrupting the movie, and one at the end when Zeke follows DC to the robbers, Patti follows Zeke, and Canoe follows Patti.
* DamselInDistress: The Bank Employee.
* DeadpanSnarker: Almost everyone, but special mention goes to Mr. [=MacDougall=].
* DetectiveAnimal: DC.
* TheDogBitesBack: Mr. [=MacDougall=], after having to put up with his wife for the whole movie, finally gets his own back when he calls the police on her.
* DriveInTheater: Canoe takes Patti to one. Then DC follows them, and Zeke follows him, and things go downhill from there.
* FBIAgent: Zeke.
* HenpeckedHusband: Mr. [=MacDougall=].
* NosyNeighbor: The [=MacDougalls=]. Or rather, Mrs. [=MacDougall=]; her husband tries to stop her being this, which culminates in him calling the police which she's out [[ItMakesSenseInContext looking over people's walls]].
* OnlyKnownByInitials: DC.