''The Next Generation'' is the fourth ''Franchise/TheTexasChainsawMassacre'' film from the year 1994.
A bunch of teens drive off from prom night grounds and end up in a car crash. This leads to further trouble as they encounter the crazy Texas family we all know.
!!This film has the examples of:
%%* AssholeVictim: Barry.
* ArtificialLimbs: Vilmer's weird leg contraption.
* BodyHorror: Rothman's abdominal mutilations.
* TheCameo: Marilyn Burns, Paul A. Partain and John Dugan (Sally, Franklin and Grandpa from the first film) all appear briefly at the end of the film.
* CanonDiscontinuity: The director intended the film to be a true sequel to the original, though it ends up eschewing that film as well, placing it in its own standalone continuity.
* CarFu: Vilmer [[ThereIsNoKillLikeOverkill repeatedly]] runs Sean over with his tow truck.
* CreepyCrossdresser: Leatherface puts on some female clothes (and skin) for the usual "messed up dinner scene".
%%* TheDitz: Heather.
* DoesNotLikeShoes: Jenny loses her shoes early on and is barefoot for the rest of the movie.
** Jenny's asshole stepfather.
** Vilmer has a habit of smacking Darla around, though she's perfectly capable of hitting back.
* EveryoneCallsHimBarkeep: A character with whom the protagonists are involved in a car crash is credited as "I'm Not Hurt".
* FinalGirl: Jenny.
* GainaxEnding: It says a lot about the ending that [[spoiler:a plane suddenly flying down, killing Vilmer with its propeller and then vanishing again]] is one of the ''least'' objectionable things that happens.
* HorrorDoesntSettleForSimpleTuesday: The film starts on a prom night, which quickly goes down south.
* MakesJustAsMuchSenseInContext: Even though it is regarded by the director (Kim Henkel, co-creator of the original ''TCM'') as the "real" sequel to the first one (in the form of a semi-remake), many elements of this film make no sense whatsoever. [[spoiler: Among them are the facts that Leatherface is now apparently a transvestite, whose brother is a trucker with a self-made cybernetic leg, and the whole family belongs to the secret society known as the Illuminati (which, according to the film, [[WhoShotJFK planned JFK's assassination]]), which is run by the government, whose leader is shown to be somewhat alien in nature.]]
* ManOnFire: Heather ends up in flames.
* NeckSnap: Done by Vilmer.
* TheOmniscientCouncilOfVagueness: Whatever is controlling the family.
* PoliceAreUseless: Especially the cops in the Bud's Pizza scene.
* RevengeOfTheSequel: The film is also known as ''The Return of the Texas Chainsaw Massacre''.
%%* ScrewThisImOuttaHere: The grandfather.
* SpotlightStealingSquad: Vilmer. He [[LargeHam chews the scenery]] and gets almost all the kills (Leatherface is only responsible for one).
* StockSubtitle: "The next generation" in this instance refers to Leatherface's new family members.
%%* WickedCultured: W.E.
* TooDumbToLive: When Sean witnesses Vilmer killing a knocked-out driver, he runs away while Vilmer starts chasing him. Rather than try and hide in the forest, Sean carries on running ''in the open field''. Predictably, he trips and gets run over.