''The Next Generation'' is the fourth ''Franchise/TheTexasChainsawMassacre'' film from the year 1994.
A bunch of teens drive off from prom night grounds and end up in a car crash. This leads to further trouble as they encounter the crazy Texas family we all know.
!!This film has the examples of:
%%* AssholeVictim: Barry.
* ArtificialLimbs: Vilmer's weird leg contraption.
* BodyHorror: Rothman's abdominal mutilations.
* TheCameo: Marilyn Burns, Paul A. Partain and John Dugan (Sally, Franklin and Grandpa from the first film) all appear briefly at the end of the film.
* CanonDiscontinuity: The director intended the film to be a true sequel to the original, though it ends up eschewing that film as well, placing it in its own standalone continuity.
* CarFu: Vilmer [[ThereIsNoKillLikeOverkill repeatedly]] runs Sean over with his tow truck.
%%* TheDitz: Heather.
* DoesNotLikeShoes: Jenny loses her shoes early on and is barefoot for the rest of the movie.
** Jenny's asshole stepfather.
** Vilmer has a habit of smacking Darla around, though she's perfectly capable of hitting back.
* EveryoneCallsHimBarkeep: A character with whom the protagonists are involved in a car crash is credited as "I'm Not Hurt".
* FinalGirl: Jenny.
* GainaxEnding: It says a lot about the ending that [[spoiler:a plane suddenly flying down, killing Vilmer with its propeller and then vanishing again]] is one of the ''least'' objectionable things that happens.
* HorrorDoesntSettleForSimpleTuesday: The film starts on a prom night, which quickly goes down south.
* MakesJustAsMuchSenseInContext: Even though it is regarded by the director (Kim Henkel, co-creator of the original ''TCM'') as the "real" sequel to the first one (in the form of a semi-remake), many elements of this film make no sense whatsoever. [[spoiler: Among them are the facts that Leatherface is now apparently a transvestite, whose brother is a trucker with a self-made cybernetic leg, and the whole family belongs to the secret society known as the Illuminati (which, according to the film, [[WhoShotJFK planned JFK's assassination]]), which is run by the government, whose leader is shown to be somewhat alien in nature.]]
* ManOnFire: Heather ends up in flames.
* NeckSnap: Done by Vilmer.
* TheOmniscientCouncilOfVagueness: Whatever is controlling the family.
* PoliceAreUseless: Especially the cops in the Bud's Pizza scene.
* RevengeOfTheSequel: The film is also known as ''The Return of the Texas Chainsaw Massacre''.
%%* ScrewThisImOuttaHere: The grandfather.
* SpotlightStealingSquad: Vilmer. He [[LargeHam chews the scenery]] and gets almost all the kills (Leatherface is only responsible for one).
* StockSubtitle: "The next generation" in this instance refers to Leatherface's new family members.
* VillainousCrossdresser: Leatherface puts on some female clothes (and skin) for the usual "messed up dinner scene".
%%* WickedCultured: W.E.