Originally known in Hong Kong as ''Police Story 3,'' it was renamed and released in the U.S. in 1995. JackieChan stars as Kevin "Supercop" Chan of the Royal Hong Kong Police, assigned to a dangerous mission for the DEA to stop a drug lord. His assignment takes him to mainland China, where he teams up with Captain Jessica Yang (MichelleYeoh), and the pair infiltrate the inner circle of the notorious Chaibat, bickering and kicking ass along the way.
!!This film provides the following tropes:
* ActionGirl: MichelleYeoh (called Michelle Khan here) keeps up with Chan, doing her own death-defying stunts, including [[spoiler: riding a dirt bike onto a moving train]]. A stunt which, according to the outtakes in the credits, she had to do ''multiple times''
* BecomingTheMask: At least when Kevin remembers he's supposed to be Lin Fu-Sheng. Played for laughs during the prison breakout, as Yang shoots Panther's comrade so Kevin can step in.
--> '''Panther''' (horrified, as his friend falls): Hsiuen!
--> '''Kevin''' (acting even more horrified): HSIUEN!!
** Uncle Bill plays [[spoiler: Fu-Sheng's mama]] to the hilt.
* BigBad: Chaibat, aka Big Brother.
* BreakoutCharacter: Yeoh reprised this role as the star of ''Supercop 2.''
* CommieLand: The Chinese cops on the whole seem to have a bit of disdain for Kevin's seat-of-the-pants approach to policing (not to mention his individualist title of "Supercop Chan").
** Yang, posing as Kevin's sister, responds to a slap from her "brother" by slapping him back and quoting the Chairman.
--> '''Yang:''' Think you're superior, huh? [[MaoZedong Mao Tse-Tung]] said women are the true power of society!
--> '''Kevin''' (rubbing his face): Did Mao Tse-Tung really say that?!
--> '''Yang:''' Yeah!
* FauxFluency: Chan, in the English version; Yeoh, in the Cantonese version.
* FishOutOfWater: Kevin, a cop from British Hong Kong, finds himself among the decidedly more rigid Communists of mainland China.
* HeyItsThatGuy: Kenneth Tsang [[TheReplacementKillers just can't stop running drug empires]].
** Maggie Cheung as Jackie's girlfriend, May.
* HilariousOuttakes: Always a staple of Jackie Chan films. Subverted in the painful-looking shots where Jackie is shown getting clocked by a helicopter rotor and then carried off (presumably to the ER), and Yeoh lands wrong on the hood of a moving car, then falls to the street--taking a crew member with her.
* ImprovisedWeapon: Spiky fruits can be used as bludgeoning tools, apparently.
* LikeBrotherAndSister: Kevin and Yang pose as siblings--and snipe accordingly. Though the following exchange is interesting:
--> '''Kevin:''' You hit your brother so hard. What if I was your husband?
--> '''Yang:''' Wait and find out.
* MadeOfIron: Chan and Yeoh, of course, not to mention a couple of the crew members.
* MoreDakka: The meeting with the drug lords in Thailand, despite the general's (widely flouted) plea of "No violence!"
* PrisonerExchange: At the end, with Chaibat negotiating for his wife if Kevin wants May back.
* SuperCop: Natch.
* TheDanza: Jackie Chan as Kevin Chan.
* TooDumbToLive: May's clever ruse is cancelled out after she [[spoiler: blows Kevin's cover while talking to her friend in the elevator.]]
** Either the Chinese didn't fully brief Kevin on his mission--or he really did have a terrible memory.
* WellDoneSonGuy: Chaibat, sort of, right after shooting Yang in her bulletproof vest.
--> You two kids are really okay!