Creator/WernerHerzog film about street musician Bruno Stroszek and his friends. Bruno, [[CoolOldGuy Scheitz]] and [[HookerWithAHeartOfGold Eva]] are down on their luck. They move to Wisconsin to escape Eva's abusive pimps. [[DownerEnding Unfortunately]], they aren't quite able to make it in America.
!! ''Stroszek'' has examples of:
* TheAlcoholic: Bruno's alcoholism is the source of many of his problems.
* AllDevouringBlackHoleLoanSharks: Actually, [[PunchClockVillain ordinary bank workers]] [[JustFollowingOrders just doing their jobs.]]
* AuthorAppeal: Inverted. The ending makes a little bit more sense if you know that director Werner Herzog has a crippling fear of chickens.
* CloudCuckooLander: Scheitz and Bruno. But especially Scheitz.
* DownerEnding [[spoiler: Bruno losses Eva who ditches him for trucker drivers, his trailer to the bank, Scheitz who gets arrested for robbing a barber shop (which Bruno participated in), and at the end of the movie kills himself.]]
* EagleLand: Ultimately averted. The Power Trio's relationships with America as a place and Americans as a people are complicated.
* ForegoneConclusion: Turns out Wisconsin sucks.
* GainaxEnding: After being a slow drama for an entire film, the ending centers on a chicken dancing to Sonny Terry.
* HookerWithAHeartOfGold: Eva.
* KickTheDog: The bank auction of Bruno's trailer as he sadly watches even if there is no malice.
* LyricalDissonance: The playful melody of the song Bruno sings is at odds with the often downbeat lyrics.
* NostalgicMusicbox: An actual one, and the sounds of them.
* NonActorVehicle: There are few professional actors in the movie.
* PowerTrio: Superego: Scheitz, Ego: Bruno, Id: Eva.
* RegionalRiff: Chet Atkins starts playing as the Power Trio gets used to America.
* TheRez: The ending takes place on a reservation.
* RummageSaleReject: Bruno, probably literally.
* SuspiciouslyAproposMusic: Not so bad as some films, but it isn't accidental that the alcoholic Bruno sings a song about a woman who is exploited by an alcoholic.
* TalentDouble: Averted since Bruno was an accomplished street musician by the time.
* ThirdPersonPerson: Bruno.