''Society'' is a 1989 BodyHorror film.
Bill Whitney is a popular teenager living in Beverly Hills, the only son of a wealthy upper class family. Despite his privileged position, he feels out of place in his family and life. Several strange circumstances lead him to suspect that his family and friends may not be what they seem, as Bill uncovers a conspiracy among the higher members of society.
!!This film provides examples of:
* BodyHorror: Bucketloads of it. The Society members can mutate their forms in anatomically impossible ways. The climax of the film features a murderous "orgy" where they merge into each other while consuming a hapless victim.
* GlasgowGrin: Bill's psychologist Dr. Cleveland sports one in the climax.
* HumanAliens: Defied. When Bill calls the members of Society alien scum, they claim that they didn't come from outer space and that their LovecraftianSuperpower is simply the result of "impeccable breeding".
* JerkJock: Ferguson has the jock attitude down pat, and turns out to be one of the evil Society members.
* KillThePoor: In the climax, the upper class literally consume a member of the lower class by assimilating his body mass.
* LovecraftianSuperpower: The members of Society can distort and mutate their bodies to use as a weapon; growing elongated arms is one of the more mundane uses.
* TheMasquerade: Society, which claims that it's [[AncientConspiracy been around since the dawn of civilization]]. Turns out that the elites are actually ravenous, mutating, people-eating monsters.
* OverlyLongTongue: Ferguson at one point licks Bill with a massively oversized tongue.
* ParentalIncest: Bill is horrified to discover that his parents have been engaging in orgies with his sister. After he discovers that they're actually humanoid monsters who can distort their bodies, his sister even mockingly offers him to join in.
* ThroughTheEyesOfMadness: Throughout the movie Bill keeps seeing horrific visions of people distorting their bodies in impossible ways, but a second later everything is back to normal. Subverted in the end when it turns out it was all real, leading to one of the [[BodyHorror most nauseating climaxes in the history of film]].