->''"It seems every year I'm at camp someone loses their head."''
'''''Sleepaway Camp III: Teenage Wasteland''''' is a SlasherMovie released in 1989. Shot back-to-back with [[Film/SleepawayCampIIUnhappyCampers its predecessor]], it follows Angela infiltrating a group of campers to continue to exact her brand of "niceness".
[[Film/SleepawayCampIVTheSurvivor Another sequel]] was made... but not without problems.
!!This film has the examples of:
* AdultsAreUseless: The adults in charge don't even notice that their campers (and each other) are rapidly disappearing, but this can be partly chalked up to the fact that they'd been split into three teams and separated from one another. Still, the uselessness of the two is a big reason why they die.
* AlphaBitch: Cindy
* CarFu: Angel drives over Maria with a garbage truck, and then proceeds to hide and crush her body in its compactor.
* CarryABigStick: Angela interrupts Jan and Herman having sex in a tent, and starts beating and stabbing them with a stick. Snowboy gets the same treatment later.
* CruelAndUnusualDeath: Angela kills Lily by burying her up the neck and lifting a running lawnmower up and slammed it down on her head.
* DeadPersonImpersonation: Angela steals Maria's identity to infiltrate the New Horizons Camp.
* DeathByRacism: Cindy.
* DecoyProtagonist: The opening makes it seem that we'll be following Maria, but then Angela kills her.
* DirtyOldMan: Herman.
* EyeScream: A cop who's looking over Angela in the ambulance gets a syringe in the eye.
* FinalGirl: Averted with Marcia, who isn't the sole survivor. She isn't as wholesome as she appears either, [[spoiler:as she reveals to her supposed LoveInterest Tony that she "kinda" has a boyfriend already]].
* FishingForSole: Angela manages to fish out a hockey mask from the water. Right afterward it's remarked that the date is [[Franchise/FridayThe13th Saturday the 14th]].
** Riff, Snowboy, and pretty much all of the campers.
** Averted by Greg and Anita, even Angela says that they're nice kids. She still kills them anyway, only because she considers them boring.
* KarmicDeath: Peter is killed by his own fireworks that he used to scare Angela earlier. She stuffs one into his nose as he sleeps, and lits fuse.
* NiceGuy: Tony.
* NumberedSequels: With a subtitle.
* OffWithHisHead: Angela kicks Arab inside a tent, and chops off her head as she tries to crawls out of it.
* OnlyKnownByTheirNickname: Snowboy.
* PetTheDog: Angela decides to let Marcia and Tony live at the end of the film. This comes back to bite her in the ass when Marcia attacks and (possibly) kills her.
* RichBitch: Cindy
* ShoutOut: Six of the characters are named after ''Series/TheBradyBunch'' kids and we also get a few kids named after characters from ''Theatre/WestSideStory'' including the disguised Angela going incognito "as Maria"
* StraightEdgeEvil: Angela does not smoke, drink, or use illegal drugs and if she catches doing any of those things, look out!
* TokenMinority: Each group of campers has at least one African-American and one Asian-American.
* UnwillingSuspension: Angela does this to Cindy by hoisting her up a flagpole. She then lets go of the rope, causing her to die by falling..
* YouKilledMyFather: Turns out Sean from the second movie had a vengeful father (he is not TheHero so he is killed anticlimactically after confronting Angela)
* WhatHappenedToTheMouse: Tawny the reporter confirms the Camp Rolling Hills massacre death count at [[spoiler:19, meaning Molly didn't survive the previous movie.]]