Slacker is an experimental film by RichardLinklater in which the camera gravitates to a different group of people in every scene.
Differs from TheSlacker.
!!''Slacker'' provides examples of:
* CoolOldGuy: The [[spoiler: fake]] UsefulNotes/SpanishCivilWar veteran anarchist.
* CreatorCameo: The first character is played by Richard Linklater.
* DecoyProtagonist: It starts with a bus passenger and doesn't stop.
* DefiledForever: While the implications of what led to the MadnessMantra entry are tragic, they're offset by the comic appropriateness of the last sentence coming from a WesternAnimation/LooneyTunes short where a dissociative Elmer Fudd repeats the line.
* DevelopingDoomedCharacters: The entire film.
* FollowTheLeader: Inspired by ''MyDinnerWithAndre''.
* HyperlinkStory: Each scene passes off to the next one via a shared shot between the characters of each.
* LoadsAndLoadsOfCharacters: Over a hundred unnamed characters.
* MadnessMantra: "You should quit, you should quit, you should quit, you should quit..."
* TrustMeImADoctor: "You should quit traumatizing women with sexual intercourse. I should know. I'm a medical doctor. I own a mansion and a yacht."